Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is slow to load at startup and Windows Security Center says not antivirus installed

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is slow to load at startup and Windows Security Center says not antivirus installed

I have been running windows 7 on my system and I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and the problem that I am facing is that the KIS is slow to load at startup, the other thing that I have found is that the Windows Security Center keeps on complaining that there is not antivirus installed on my system. I have found that the 2010 version's icon always appear without any issue in the systray, I never had such problem with the previous versions of it, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is slow to load at startup and Windows Security Center says not antivirus installed

I have been running windows 7 on my system and I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and the problem that I am facing is that the KIS is slow to load at startup, the other thing that I have found is that the Windows Security Center keeps on complaining that there is not antivirus installed on my system. I have found that the 2010 version's icon always appear without any issue in the systray, I never had such problem with the previous versions of it, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out??
    I will suggest you to download getsysyteminfo tool and then install it and run it, after that you will get a log report that will be auotuploaded to the clipboard so just copy that link here so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing, just try it out for further help.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 is slow to load at startup and Windows Security Center says not antivirus installed

I am aware of the same but then I am not able to generate the gsi report, actually I have deleted the program and when I am running it then it just keep on saying “completing the report” but then never does, I have checked it out for hours as well, other than this I have also tried to run the same in the safe mode as well but then it is not making any difference, even though I was running it after disabling all the security services and so I did not had any luck it just kept saying "completing report", is there anything else that I can try out.

I don’t think that there should have been such problem with the tool, anyways just right click on the gsi.exe and then seer if it is making any difference, try out the same in normal mode as well as safe mode, The other thing that I wanted to share is that if it reacts in the same way then just click on the Stop Report and after that when you will get a prompt saying "Do you really want to stop scan?" than just click on no, Just check it out and then let me know if it is helping.

I have tried out running the GSI tool as an administrator in normal mode as well as safe mode but then it is just not making any difference and the issue is still the same, by now I have tried out the below solutions but n help so far.
    • Rebooting the machine several times
    • Stopping and then resuming the process as you had said
    • Running it as admin in safe mode as well as normal mode
    • Clearing the temp files
    • Disabling all the other security services including the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Is there anything else that I can try out??

Ok, if you are not able to get the GSI work I will suggest you to mention the specification of the system that you are using and also attach the virusinfo_syscure here for further help.

Specification of the system:
    • Windows XP MCE SP3
    • 320 GB HDD
    • 2048 MB ram
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6400