Thread: Getting "Could not verify file" error message while installing Kaspersky internet security 2012 on windows XP

Getting "Could not verify file" error message while installing Kaspersky internet security 2012 on windows XP

Hello everyone, I have system with windows XP operating system. Recently i have got the Kaspersky internet security 2012 and when i tried to install it then I started getting error message saying that:"Could not verify file." and I am also getting the same error message while network access. Can anyone tell me how do I install this security software without the error? Thanks

Re: Getting "Could not verify file" error message while installing Kaspersky internet security 2012 on windows XP

First of all i would like to suggest you to update your windows on your system and after that try to install the Kaspersky internet security 2012 on your computer. If you have installed any Kaspersky internet security before then try to do a clean installation of Kaspersky internet security 2012 because while installing the new version you will get that error, so first remove old version and then install the new version.

Re: Getting "Could not verify file" error message while installing Kaspersky internet security 2012 on windows XP

Even I was facing the same issue on my computer as well and after some research I found out that my system was not having enough RAM to install this antivirus. So first make sure you have enough RAM on your system and after that try to install the antivirus. The Kaspersky internet security 2012 requires atleast 1gb of RAM for its support which is mentioned in its system requirements.

You can also get this issue due to less space on your C drive, so while installing the Kaspersky internet security 2012 you should free up at least 2GB of space on your C drive. Also try to look at the temp folder and clean it if it is taking too much of space on your C drive where Windows is installed. Hopefully this will help you out.