Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security has blocked Win vista Home

Kaspersky Internet Security has blocked Win vista Home

I am having notebook MSI GX700 which is running on Windows vista Home and I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, now the problem is that the vista is appearing to be blocked, since the keyboard and the mouse is working I am sure that it has not froze, when I reboot the system than everything stays fine till the Kaspersky Internet Security gets started, is there anything that I can try out, rather than just uninstalling the Kaspersky Internet Security as I have tried out the same and I am not having any problem after uninstalling it.

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security has blocked Win vista Home

I am having notebook MSI GX700 which is running on Windows vista Home and I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, now the problem is that the vista is appearing to be blocked, since the keyboard and the mouse is working I am sure that it has not froze, when I reboot the system than everything stays fine till the Kaspersky Internet Security gets started, is there anything that I can try out, rather than just uninstalling the Kaspersky Internet Security as I have tried out the same and I am not having any problem after uninstalling it.
    I think that there is some program in your system that might be conflicting with the Kaspersky Internet Security, I will suggest you to download the GetSystemInfo tool and after running the same you will get a log report which will be autouploaded and added to the clipboard, when you get the log uploaded then just copy the same link here so I can have a better idea about the issue that you are facing.

I have done the same and below is the log that was generated:

I also wanted to add that I had found some instance of malwarebyte (dll file) and I have removed the same but then I am still having the issue.

I have checked out the same and I have found that Your Windows log is having NTFS errors and this might be due to some kind of physical hard drive corruption or even some kind of software error related to the writing of files in to the NTFS partition an so, I think that you should try out disk surface test and make sure that you are not selecting the automatically fix file system errors option and check out the report and let me know if you find something suspicious.

I think that the issue is related to the multiple forced shutdowns of windows,I have also checked out the drive with the western digital diag tool and there were no problems and I have also done chkdsk but then with /r option, anyways I will try out fixing the issue with the solution that you have mentioned and will let you know the result.

I have faced the same and in my case I am having Vista 32 with KIS 2012 installed, I had never faced this issue by now and it has occurred suddenly, even I have tried out the "ckdsk /f" and have also ran "sfc /scannow" command as well and everything was appearing to be fine. I have tried a no if solutions but then no matter what I have tried out by now the issue is still the same, I was having Registry Mechanic tool and it was flagged to be suspicious and I removed the same as it was said to be potentially incompatible KIS but even uninstalling it did not helped, I really don’t know what is the issue all about and I am still looking after a solution for the same. If anyone find a solution to get rid of this issue then please share it will be highly appreciated.

I have tried out the below things as well and even they did not helped:
    • Ran chckdsk /r and then corrected the errors that were found
    • Tried reinstalling the KIS 2012
    • Tried removing all the partition and then reinstalling using the OEM DVD and then installing the KIS again

Is there anything else that I can try out???

I am not very sure but then you both can try out a system restore from the date when you were not having this issue, just try it out and see if it is helping, I think that a system restore should definitely end the issue.