Thread: Slow bootup after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

Slow bootup after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and the problem that I am facing is Slow bootup, it has not been very slow but then the boot up is taking double the rime that it used to take, I am running XP (SP3) in my computer and I have been doing regular defrag and run CCleaner every week, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??

Re: Slow bootup after installing Kaspersky Internet Security 2012

I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and the problem that I am facing is Slow bootup, it has not been very slow but then the boot up is taking double the rime that it used to take, I am running XP (SP3) in my computer and I have been doing regular defrag and run CCleaner every week, is there anyone who has an idea about the same and can help me out as well??
    I will suggest you to just download the GetSystemInfo tool and after installing it just run the same and then you will get a log report which will be uploaded in to the clipboard with the default settings so now just copy the same link and post it here and make sure that you are hyper linking it as well.

I have completed the above process and this is what I have found:

I have check out the same and I have not found anything to be suspicious, just try out the below solution and see if it is helping or not:
    • First just uninstall the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012
    • After that just Resize your swapfile and also run a CHKDSK command
    • When you are done with the above process than just install the trial version PerfectDisk and then run some offline defrag+ normal defragmentation’s.
    • After that reinstall Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and also make sure that you are updating it as well and then reboot the machine.

Just try it out and see if it is making any difference in the boot up time.

I have tried out the same but then now when I am trying to reinstall the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 then I don’t know why the installation process is getting rolled back and I am not able to install it, it is giving me some kind of fatal error, I have tried reinstalling the same a no of times but then I am getting the same response, I don’t think that I have missed out anything. Other than this I have also installed the Kav Remover tool but then it just says that the KIS has been successfully uninstalled. I don’t know what the issue is, do you have an idea about the same?? What should I try now?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

That should have not happened, anyways just try out the below solutions for now and see if they are making any difference:
    • First try to uninstall the KIS from the add/remove programs, if you are able to do the same then just download the Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products and then run the same in safe mode and make sure that you are using "Remove all known products" in the tool option.
    • When you are done with the above method than just boot in the normal mode and then get the trail version of the JV Powertools and after installing the same just click on the registry tools and then select the "Registry cleaner" option after the process end just select all of them and then click on fix. If you want then you can uninstall it later if you don’t need the same.
    • After the above two steps just Disable MS firewall and then try to reinstall the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.

Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

I have tried out the same and below are the results that I have got:
    • I am not able to install the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 using add and remove program in the normal mode as well as in the safemode, the installer that you have suggested did not helped me either.
    • I have installed the Kaspersky uninstall tool but then I am not able to get any option naming "Remove all known products", when I checked out in the dropdown list then there was a only entry for the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 so I ran the same and then the process was completed.
    • MS firewall was already disabled, I have also tried out the V Power Tools and it had fixed the registry but then even after doing all this I am not able to install the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.

Is there anything else that I will have to try out??

As you have said that you are able to get the drop down from KIS 2012 to All Known Products so I will suggest you to run the same from All Known Products and after the process is complete just reboot the machine.
    When you are don’t with the above process go in to the safe mode and then just create a new Windows system restore point and just rename the below files extension:
    • C:\Windows\system32\klogon.dll to klogon.dll.old
    • C:\Windows\system32\drivers\klif.sys to klif.sys.old

After this just reboot the machine and then try to reinstall the KIS 2012 again.

I have said that there was nothing in the dropdown list on the removal tool it was just displaying KIS 2012, just top explain the same in detail, this is what I have done:
    • After downloading the removal tool I rebooted the computer in the safe mode
    • Then I opened the removal tool and after entering the code I selected the dropdown list and the only option that was there was Kaspersky Internet Security 2012.
    • So I just clicked ion the remove button and after the process was completed I rebooted the machine again.

Have I missed out anything??