Thread: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 keeps on disabling itself

Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 keeps on disabling itself

I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 on my computer that is running on windows xp and the problem that I am facing now after updating it is that the Kaspersky keeps in disabling itself on its own and when I click on its icon then I get the following things:
    • License is invalid
    • The database is corrupt or not updated
    • The protection components is disabled

Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving the issue??

Re: Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 keeps on disabling itself

I have recently installed Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 on my computer that is running on windows xp and the problem that I am facing now after updating it is that the Kaspersky keeps in disabling itself on its own and when I click on its icon then I get the following things:

License is invalid
    The database is corrupt or not updated
    The protection components is disabled

Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about resolving the issue??

I have not yet faced the same but then have you tried out reinstalling the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 just to see if it is many difference, if not then try it out and see if it is helping or not, the other thing that you can try out is rolling back to the previous version as you have mentioned that the problem occurred after updating the Kaspersky, just try out the same and then let me know what you get.

I have tried out reinstalling the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and it appeared to be helping for a while but has not solved the problem, I mean that after the reinstallation of the software everything was working fine for an hour but then later when I checked it out then it got disable again and the problem still exist. I have also tried to roll back to the previous version that I was having but then now even it is not helping and I am having the same issue with it as well, I really want to get it solved somehow, is there any solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue??

Before I suggest you more about the same I just wanted to know that how did you installed the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 I mean that have you installed it over the previous version or you have just made a clean install, I also wanted to know if you are having any other security software installed on your computer, just answer the same for further help.

I have tried out reinstalling the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 and it appeared to be helping for a while but has not solved the problem, I mean that after the reinstallation of the software everything was working fine for an hour but then later when I checked it out then it got disable again and the problem still exist. I have also tried to roll back to the previous version that I was having but then now even it is not helping and I am having the same issue with it as well, I really want to get it solved somehow, is there any solution that I can try out to get rid of this issue??

I had faced the exact problem and in my case I had made a clean install but then now I have solved the issue, the cause of this issue was that I was having another security software called Trusteer rapport and this was getting conflicted with the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012, So I just uninstalled the same and after rebooting the machine the issue was solved, I think you might be having the same case, just check it out and see if you are having any other such software installed if yes then just uninstall the same and the issue should be solved. Best of luck.

If you wan’t then you can also try out the below solution:
    • First uninstall the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 using this uninstaller tool and make sure that you are using the option "Remove all known products" in the tool.
    • After the un-installation process just install the Kaspersky Internet Security 2012 again and make sure that you are updating the same and then reboot the machine.

Just try it out and see if the issue is solved or not.