Thread: Wireless Connection keeps dropping after connecting devices with Linksys WRT54G

Wireless Connection keeps dropping after connecting devices with Linksys WRT54G

From last some days I am facing problem with my Linksys WRT54G. I use to connect my laptop with my router via WIFI but it drops the connection randomly. This problem is very frustrating for me. I have tried to solve this problem by resetting the router but that does not help me to fix this issue. Now please tell me what should I do to solve this problem?

Re: Wireless Connection keeps dropping after connecting devices with Linksys WRT54G

As you have said that you are facing problem while connecting your laptop with your Linksys WRT54G router via WIFI and that I would like to tell you that when you connect any other device at that time do you get same problem or not. if you don’t get same problem after connecting the any other device with your laptop then there might be problem with your laptop only.

Re: Wireless Connection keeps dropping after connecting devices with Linksys WRT54G

As far as I know you should try to solve this problem by changing the channel width to 20 and then you have set channel 6,9,11 and then you have to save that setting and after doing that your problem will get solved. now after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

If you don’t know about how to change the wireless width then I will help you with this. You have to first open browser in your computer and after that you have open your router configuration page and after opening the router configuration page you have to select wireless tab and after selecting the wireless tab you have to select basic wireless setting. Now after that you have to select manual setting. Now you can change channel width and other things which you want and after doing that you have to save that setting and after saving that setting you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

Yes I also agree with the above solution I was facing similar problem with my Linksys router also and after that I have changed wireless channel width and then save that setting from that time all the things started working like properly. I think you should also try this solution.

If after trying above solution also if you are facing same problem then you have to also try to solve this problem by setting beacon interval to 75, RTS threshold to 2304 and fragmentation threshold to 2306.after changing this setting you have to save that setting and then check whether it makes any difference or not. According to me after trying this solution your problem might get solved. if you need any more help after that then let me know.

I have changed wireless channel width and after changing the wireless channel width and channel setting also I was facing same problem. Now after that I have also tried to solve this problem by also change the fragmentation threshold setting, beacon setting and etc but that does not make any difference.

Now please tell me what should I do to get rid of this problem?

Try these steps to fix this problem.

• You have to press reset button for 30 seconds.
    • Without releasing the button you have to remove power cable.
    • After 30 seconds plug the wire again but don’t release button and wait for 30 seconds.

After that you have to see whether it makes any difference or not.

You have to visit the official site of the Cisco and then you have to search for the wrt54G router. After that click on the download option and then select the latest firmware for your router and after that you have to download the router. Now after that you have to upgrade the firmware of your wrt54G router and after upgrading the firmware you have to check whether your router works properly or not.

If you still get same problem after that then you have to contact the Cisco support and then they will give you proper solution regarding this.