Thread: How to disable web assistant on Linksys WRT110 after firmware update

How to disable web assistant on Linksys WRT110 after firmware update

I have update the firmware of my Linksys WRT110 router and after updating the firmware now whenever I open any webpage at that time it redirects me to Cisco Linksys Websearch. According to me Cisco web assistant is causing this problem. Please tell me how to disable web assistant option. Any help will be appreciated.

Re: How to disable web assistant on Linksys WRT110 after firmware update

Well I have read your problem and I would like to tell you that to disable the web assistance option you have to open router setup page and then you have to go to the administration tab. Now after going to the administration page you will see the Cisco web assistance option and then you have to select disable option and after selecting the disable option you have to save that setting in and after saving that setting you have to check whether your problem get solved or not.

As far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved. if you need any more help then let me know.

Did you reset your Linksys WRT110 router after updating the firmware in your computer? if you have mot reset the router after updating the firmware then you have to reset the router first and after resetting the router you have to do all the configuration and again and after that you have to check whether it still redirects you to Linksys web search or not.

To reset your Linksys WRT110 router you have to follow this steps.

• You have to first turn off the router, modem and your computer.
    • Remove all the connection from router.
    • After that you connect all the cable with router again and the powers up the router.
    • Now press the reset button for 30 seconds.
    • After that don’t do anything for 2 to 3 minutes.

After trying this router will get reset and your problem will get solved.

After referring your solution I have reset my router and after resetting the router my problem get solved and now my Linksys WRT110 is not redirecting the Linksys web search. When I use internet in my laptop with via WIFI at that time it gets disconnects randomly. I don’t know whether problem is with the router or laptop. Please tell me what should I do solve this problem.

I am aware of this problem and if you want to get rid of this problem then you have to make sure that power option is disabled for the wireless network adaptor in your laptop. Id power option is not disabled then you have to disable it and then restart the laptop. Now after doing that your problem might get solved.

If you want to disable the power option for the wireless network adaptor then you have to first open the device manager in your laptop and after opening the device manger you need to right click on the wireless adaptor and then you have to click on the properties. Now after doing that you have to select power management tab and then you have to disable the power option from there. Now after that click on OK and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not. as far as I know after trying this solution your problem will get solved.

After trying above solution also if you are facing same problem then you have to connect any other laptop with your router and then you have to check whether you are getting same problem or not. if you are getting same problem after connecting different laptop with your router then problem is with your Linksys WRT110 only.