Thread: Data backup is not done in Linksys E4200 wireless router

Data backup is not done in Linksys E4200 wireless router

Hi friends I have one issue with my Linksys E4200 wireless router, my issue with this router is that I have attached my 1.5 TB USB hard drive and have configure it with multiple computer and those computer can read and write file to that particular hard drive. But however from last three days any of the file which are there in these Hard Disk for more than a week, becomes undeleted. So I just want to know why this issue is there with this router and also if you guys have any ideas about to overcome this issue then please let me know. Any of the reply from you guys will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: Data backup is not done in Linksys E4200 wireless router

According to my information this kind of issue is mostly occurs with this routers if it is used as media server. And make sure that the entire file must be readable and no file permission has to be set for the file that you want to remove from the Storage device. And also may be there is some of the issue is there in the Hard drive itself, you must verify the working of Hard drive is normal or not. So for that you have to connect that particular Hard Drive with other computer and then try to delete that particular file which you are trying to delete and getting these issues. By this you can make the verification for the working of Hard Drive.

May be the Harddrive is not connected properly with E4200 routers, so verify whether the connection is proper or not. And also verify what permission is granted to that particular file you are trying to remove. There might be chances that other effects are also present there the other features of Hard Drive and the Networks is working properly or net.

There are several applications are availed there which can be used for this backup of the data from such application. And the second matter is for this issue is about using the old version of firmware but however to overcome this issue try to upgrade the routers with the latest firmware .