Thread: unable to access network share in Linksys E3000

unable to access network share in Linksys E3000

Initially I had a Linksys wireless router WRT54G which worked smoothly till I used it. But later on I switched on to E3000 wireless router and replaced it with the old one. I had zero issue with the installation but nothing worked well after that. I was possibly be able to get the access of internet on my laptop, desktop, WD TV live media player and other wireless devices but then I always noticed I after a while I access the internet the network share connection use to drop out. Tried contacting the service support people but then I think they are not willing to take any interest in resolving my issue. i can get a solution by myself by I just need to get a small clue on what could be mistake in my router. I will really be thankful if any let me know just the reason for my issue or else the exact point due to which I am going through it.

Re: unable to access network share in Linksys E3000

The same issue has been encountered in my system too. I recently installed the E3000 last week worked well. But it is creating a strange problem with my PC. I have a WDTV Live which was connected to my PC on share. But then what I notice is that the PC or the workgroup share is no longer existing, still I get the SSID which shows up as the share but cant access it. I am sure that there is something to be done with the storage part of my router but I don’t have any idea about how to carry on with the further things. Now the major disadvantage I am facing is that I am unable to browse the workgroup anymore.

In your E3000 better try to set up the UPnP media service function by connecting to the USB storage and configuring it through the Linksys web based utility. To make this possible your media should be able to access the content.

Also make sure that the RIP which was enabled in your old router is not disabled in the new one. Also the second thing I would like you to check is the shares enabled are possibly be able to accessed through the IP and the Name. It’s better that you chose IP and when you place the new router, the computer will receive the shares with different IP from the router there for the share connection becomes opposite.

This could be most probably due to the firewall of windows XP or the antivirus issue. Calling up the service support is completely useless. When called them up they told me to update the firmware to 1.00.01 B6. I thought the problem is resolved and I can now use my network share but no it didn’t. Then later on I came to know that the activity is somehow similar as we can notice it in the guest mode, I mean to say that I can easily be able to access from my home computer but not able to get the shared resource.

As to my knowledge only thing that could enable me to turn the guest access on and off, I went in Cisco connects and turned the guest access mode on. You would not believe my home network came alive but still faced some problem, I was able to get xx-guest network existing. So therefore I went back and switched off but still my home network works.