Thread: Feedback for Firmware v2.0.36 of Linksys E4200v2

Feedback for Firmware v2.0.36 of Linksys E4200v2

Hi friends recently I have decided to upgrade my Linksys E4200v2 with the Firmware v2.0.36. But before this is am quite confused about this upgrade I just want to know what the features about this Firmware v2.0.36 and what is the best thing you guys have seen in this Firmware v2.0.36, so if you guys have any information or any ideas about this Firmware then please let me know, Any of the reply will be thanks and appreciated.

Re: Feedback for Firmware v2.0.36 of Linksys E4200v2

According to my information the thing that I have seen in this latest version of firmware update for this router is that. This firmware is compitable only with E4200 hardware version 2, and if you wish to perform the firmware upgrade then make use of wired computer. And to avoid any failure don’t power cycle the Router at the time of firmware upgrade process. And some of the thing that I have seen in this firmware is that there are No access to Advanced Wireless Settings, and also there is no access for changing SNMP settings.

The thing that I have seen in this new firmware upgrade is that there are lots of bugs fixes. The best Web UI is included and also IPv6 Firewall protection. Unedited IPV6 Address under the IPV6 Firewall sub tab. We can set the Domain Name and Host Name fields under the basic Setup Accepts Punctuations Characters.

There is no blocking or unblocking of the devices I have seen in this latest firmware, because the E4200v2 'flaps'/brings bring it down and restart it. There are the chances for assigning the generic name for the storage device. And also when the SSID is changed it doesn’t affect the Guest network SSID. There are the lack of GUI Page Alignment is not available there on the Firefox, Safari and Chrome.

The thing that I have noticed there in this new firmware is that, there is the lack of Advanced Wireless Settings from the Wireless menu. There are also the lack for changing the SNMP settings, there are also the automatic update for the firmware is also present on this latest firmware.

There the lack of facility that can be used to monitor current and total bandwidth consumption in bidirectional. But the thing that I have noticed for this firmware is that the average user isn't buying this firmware because there are not that much of advances changes are seen in this new firmware. But however there are many fixes I have seen in this latest firmware for the previous bugs and error that are mostly seen while using the routers.

I have heard about this new firmware but however I have tried many things to have this firmware to make use, but however I can’t able to find this latest firmware. So if any information about getting this firmware then please let me know.

I have heard about this new firmware but however I have tried many things to have this firmware to make use, but however I can’t able to find this latest firmware. So if any information about getting this firmware then please let me know.
    According to my information it is simple to have this firmware to be used their n your Routers. For that just Log into your router, after that update your firmware with the help of GUI. And also just remember to disable the filter before attempting to add anyone new. And you will get the firmware from the official link.