Thread: slow File copy speed over wireless N card.

Arrow slow File copy speed over wireless N card.

I am using Wireless N card in my main PC and My media PC is connected to the Netgear nr2000 router. When I try to copy files from main computer then I get only 30 Mbps speed. This is very slow transfer rate. Large files take several minutes for coping files. What can be a solution? Please help me to solve this problem.

Re: slow File copy speed over wireless N card.

If you are getting less file copy speed using Netgear nr2000 router then I suggest you to use Cisco e3000 dual simultaneous band router. And set both bands to use wireless N devices only. This may help you to increase file copy speed using Cisco e3000 and wireless N.

sameer22 If you are getting less file copy speed using Netgear nr2000 router then I suggest you to use Cisco e3000 dual simultaneous band router. And set both bands to use wireless N devices only. This may help you to increase file copy speed using Cisco e3000 and wireless N.
    Thank you very much for the quick reply. But your solution doesn’t work for me. I upgraded my router to a Cisco e3000 dual simultaneous band router but it is not of use this Cisco e3000 gives me same speed. I also set to only wireless N devices my both bands, but getting same speed. Please provide me any solution that will help me. Any more is also appreciated.

File copy speed is not completely depended upon the speed of network connection. It is also depended upon the read and writes speeds of hard drive. So download the Lan Speed Test application from the internet and test the speed of file coping. This application will show you the file coping speed.

Swiz File copy speed is not completely depended upon the speed of network connection. It is also depended upon the read and writes speeds of hard drive. So download the Lan Speed Test application from the internet and test the speed of file coping. This application will show you the file coping speed.
    Thanks, I downloaded The LAN Speed Test application from the internet and install on my main PC. So I test copy speed on my same computer the speed is more than 5000Mbps shown by the LAN speed application. I Read that the top speed of the wireless N card is 300Mbps but I am getting only 30Mbps it's really annoying. How to solve this problem?

In your media PC what is the speed of the hard drive? And how fast is the connection between the router and media PC, As well as the between router and Main PC? The wireless N card gives 300Mbps when the distance between them is very less. For the High speed the wireless N card must be capable of 300Mbps. Then only the faster file copy speed is possible.

Check the distance between your main pc and Router. Also check the distance between media PC and router. This distance must be less then range. If the distance between router and main PC or media PC is more than the range then it may cause this problem.

Rance Check the distance between your main pc and Router. Also check the distance between media PC and router. This distance must be less then range. If the distance between router and main PC or media PC is more than the range then it may cause this problem.
    I calculate the distance my router is in range of Main PC and media PC. The router is about 18 feet from the wireless N card. It is capable of 300Mbps refers from documentations. For the wireless connection I have all the bars according to properties of adapter. I am still having same problem with the file copy speed. Now I am frustrated and I am not able to figure out a way.

If you are still experiencing same problem then remove all the wired connection. Then plug all the connection carefully this may solve your problem. My problem is solved using this trick. So I suggest you to re-plug all the connections again