Thread: Getting error with Huawei 3G modem

Getting error with Huawei 3G modem

I am using the Huawei 3G modem and I am facing some problem with this. Actually the hauwei modem continuously shows me the error message as error 31: a device attached to the system is not functioning. This happens all the times whenever I try to connect with this. If you have some suggestion for this then please let me know. I need to get this solved as soon as possible.

Re: Getting error with Huawei 3G modem

As you have mentioned that this is showing you the Error 31, then I would like to tell you that this error means that the Windows is failed to load the 3g modem driver. If you are running Windows 7 on your computer then you must search for the windows 7 modem driver and install that in your computer. This can get you out of this issue. So do this and if that does not make any difference then please reply back and we can try with some other solution.

I think that you can try by restoring the system to some earlier point when that was working without any issue. So what you can do is, just go to the system utilities and from there you will have to select system restore. When that ask you for the date then enter the date when it was working without any problem and click on the restore button. When you do that then it will set all the system settings to that point and problem can be solved. This is not for sure that this will resolve the issue but still there are chances that you will be out of the issue after this and it really worth to give it a try.

You can also try by resetting the modem settings. Just see the manual for this and you will get the instruction to perform the reset operation. This can be considered as one of the possible solutions for this.

It is possible that some one the other hardware connected in your computer is causing problem for the modem connection. So what you can do is, just disconnect all the additional hardware from your computer (if you have any) and after that connect them one by one. This will ensure you that problem is on which side.