Thread: Free Version Bitdefender Installation is Failing at the End in Windows 7 64 bits

Free Version Bitdefender Installation is Failing at the End in Windows 7 64 bits

I have been trying to install the Free Version Bitdefender on my computer that is running on Windows 7 64 bits but then the installation process is getting failed at the end of the process, I mean that it is getting failed where the features of the free version is listed with the scheduled scan/send reports/scan check box, it gives me a error message saying that a device cannot be accessed, is there anyone who has faced the problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: Free Version Bitdefender Installation is Failing at the End in Windows 7 64 bits

I have been trying to install the Free Version Bitdefender on my computer that is running on Windows 7 64 bits but then the installation process is getting failed at the end of the process, I mean that it is getting failed where the features of the free version is listed with the scheduled scan/send reports/scan check box, it gives me a error message saying that a device cannot be accessed, is there anyone who has faced the problem and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??
    Before i suggest you something about this I will like to know the following:
    • What exactly is the error message that is displayed??
    • Which is the link from you have downloaded the program??
    • What solutions have you tried so far?? So that I don’t suggest you the same again.

Juts answer the above question so I will get a better idea of the issue that you are facing and will try to help with the same.

Re: Free Version Bitdefender Installation is Failing at the End in Windows 7 64 bits

I will answer you in the same way:
    I am just getting a error message with a pop up saying that "The system cannot open the device or file specified." and when I am closing the same popup and proceeding forward then it says that “ I have been informed about the error, so use uninstall tool.
    I have downloaded it from the below links:

Both of them is giving me the same response
    I have tried uninstalling and then reinstalling it using the uninstaller tool from the bitdefender official site which is not making any difference, is there any other workaround that I can try out??

I will suggest you to download the below tool:
    • Bitdefender_Supporttool
    • After that just make sure that you are running the same as administrator and then just enter the details that you are asked for and then click on the "Next" button
    • When you are done with the above step than a file will be created on your desktop, which will have name like this “BDSP_*”, this is the log file.

Just send me the same log file in a personal message for further help

Hey I was able to generate the log file with the process that you have mentioned above but then when I was trying to post the same then I was getting a message saying that "Upload failed. You are not permitted to upload this type of file" anyways I have sent you the same file through personal message so just check it out and then let me know what is the issue all about, thanks once again.

Ok, I have gone through the logs and I just wanted to share that a new free version has been launched for the Bitdefender Antivirus Free Edition which is probably for Romania but then you can try out the same on your machine, if you want then you can follow the below steps to try it out:

Hey thanks for the same I have tried out the above ones as well but then they are not working, actually I am getting a error message saying that I am not having enough permission for the same even though I have ran it as administrator and I am quite sure about the same as well, I don’t know what is this issue all about, any further help for the same will be appreciated.

I think that you have missed some steps any ways follow the below steps again:
    • After downloading the above kit just right click on it and then select properties
    • After that you will get a “Unblock button” at the right bottom, so just click on the same and then click on apply and then click on ok and then proceed with the installation process.

Just check it out and then let me know if you are able to install it properly

Hey thanks for the same I had missed that “Unblock button” but then I have finally installed it with your help, I am really thankful to you for your help, I appreciate it as well.