Thread: Some question about Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android

Some question about Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android

I have recently installed Bitdefender Mobile Security for my Android phone and I am having the following question about the same:
    • How to check if the program is updated or not?? And what are the numbers of signatures in database??
    • Where to find the SIM Matching??
    • Why the program is not capable of turning on the GPS?
    • Is there anyone who has used the same and has an idea about all these??

Re: Some question about Bitdefender Mobile Security for Android

I have recently installed Bitdefender Mobile Security for my Android phone and I am having the following question about the same:
    How to check if the program is updated or not?? And what are the numbers of signatures in database??
    Where to find the SIM Matching??
    Why the program is not capable of turning on the GPS?
    Is there anyone who has used the same and has an idea about all these??
    Before I suggest you something about this I will like to know that are you using the paid version of the Bitdefender Mobile Security For Android ? Or you are using some free version of? Just answer me the same for further help.

No I am not using the paid version of it but then I have installed the Freeware version which came with the 14 days premium subscriptions. I have not used the paid version of it so I don’t have much knowledge about the same, I just wanted to know that will it make any difference if I am using the Freeware version or the paid version?? Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Ok here is your answer:
    • I have found that there virus signatures won’t be displayed as there is not a use of it, as the database is stored on their servers and the interrogations are made in the cloud.
    • The software that you are using gets updated automatically through the Android Market
    • The SIM Matching feature is not yet provided
    • As far as the GPS is concerned you won’t be able to change the settings without their permission and the user is also informed about the same during the installation if you have read it thoroughly.

Ok thanks for the same, actually I had not read the terms and conditions while installing the program, I just wanted to know that will I get the same security even if the signatures is in the cloud, I mean can you explain the same in a sort detail if possible?? Any further help will be highly appreciated.

Ok, see the signatures are actually kept on their server and when any malware is detected then the people at their side sign the same and then it is uploaded to the server, thus in this way they protect you all from the malware,The synchronization or say the mirroring process in order to locally download the virus signatures takes some time and one have to wait for the same as well, if any new application is found then the program creates a hash of it which is unique and which is then sent to the cloud and from there to their servers, so after the malware is scanned then the respected report is sent to your phone and the Bitdefender Mobile Security will stop it as well if it is malicious. All this process needs the internet connection and since the traffic here is kind if low the cloud definition plays the role of reduced the response time and it also makes the application lighter as well, hope you know have the idea about how the program works.

I am really thankful for this, I just wanted to share that I had downloaded the free version because I wanted to test it first and then move to the paid version and this is the reason I am having so much doubts, I know I have already asked you a no of questions but then I also wanted to know that the other than the Bitdefender Mobile Security the web security works in the same manner, I mean that even it uses the cloud definitions or it works in some different manner?? And the other thing that is in my mind that why is there a need for the Bitdefender Mobile to run the scan every 20 hours and soo?? I also get alerts saying “Sorry, an error occurred “If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.” When I sign out of the account, Do you have an idea about this??

As far as I am aware all the product definitions are in the cloud and before I suggest you more about the same I will like to know the following:
    • Model of the phone that you are using??
    • What is the version of the android or your phone??
    • Have you installed the application or you have just downloaded it??
    • If you have already installed it then just go in to the Settings>Applications>Manage applications>Bitdefender Mobile Security>Force stop and then simply clear the data and after that uninstall the application and then reinstall the same and see if it is making any difference in to your case.

Ok, I wil answer you in the same way:
    • I am having Samsung Galaxy Ace
    • It is running on Android 2.3.3
    • I had installed the application previously but then after your suggestion I have cleared the data and I have reinstalled it as well but then I still get the alerts when I am signing out of the account, I don’t know if I am getting it for something else.

I have checked out for the alerts and I have found that it is normal and it actually appears when you log out of the account or even if you get a product update for Bitdefender Mobile so you don’t have to worry much about the same,You can say that you get it for the security measure. Hope that helps.

I was not aware of the same anyways I am really thankful to you for all your help once again.