Thread: Cisco vs Meraki Wireless Network

Cisco vs Meraki Wireless Network

Hello friends ….I hope I get positive response from here…as working in one of the firm here currently we are using the Cisco wireless network for the daily use but what I would like to know is that as we have decided to try this time with the Meraki network but before replacing with this I would like to know how is the performance of the Meraki wireless network against the Cisco network. So can anyone from here help me with this.

Re: Cisco vs Meraki Wireless Network

As you are looking to get the new wireless network for your device, so for this I want to say that Meraki wireless network is also good one but if you are using the CISCO network then my advice to you would be that it is better you go on with the CISCO router instead of trying with the Meraki as they are the best in the performance when compared with others.

If you are looking to setting up the Meraki as the wireless network then for this I can give you some info regarding this if you are going through small enterprise area where you have 2 to 3 access point per site than for this you can go with the Meraki as many of the small and medium enterprise prefer this , as it is simple and easy to set-up, but as though you are using the CISCO then it is better you don’t change to Meraki as you have already set CISCO as your wireless solution.

I would like to ask you one thing is that why do you want to replace the CISCO wireless network with the Meraki , as you have already setup with the CISCO router. Have you got any of the issue or any hardware failure with the CISCO wireless network.

If you are using the CISCO as the wireless solution then why you want to change your wireless network to any other Wireless network and that to you are going with the one for which you have never tried and don’t have any idea about the performance. So I think you should stick with the CISCO network instead of trying with any other wireless network.

I would like to ask you one thing is that why do you want to replace the CISCO wireless network with the Meraki , as you have already setup with the CISCO router. Have you got any of the issue or any hardware failure with the CISCO wireless network.
    As we are using the CISCO wireless network for our enterprise and for this will tell you that the performance of the CISCO is really best as we are using this from past 5 years and never got any of the issues or hardware issue. But as the part of maintenance just checking out through and in that as we have used CISCO for this many years, so just wanted to replace with the new one and wanted to know about the Meraki wireless network.

If you are looking for the Meraki wireless network for this here are some of the details which I think can help you to know:

• Meraki wireless network are good of the small and medium range business enterprise
    • It cost less to set-up Meraki wireless network when compared to the Cisco
    • Installing the Meraki wireless network is just easy and simple
    • Whereas CISCO is leading company in providing the wireless solution, so it comes with the innovative ideas
    • The performance is just awesum and has less issues then the other wireless network.
    • Installation cost of CISCO is more than the Meraki wireless network.

If you are already using CISCO and happy with the wireless network then I would say that you should use the same as many of the firm prefer using it. So I think rather going for the Meraki wireless network you should try to use the CISCO as you are already using it and happy with the performance.