Thread: Deployment of VoWlan

Deployment of VoWlan

hello friends here i just want to know about the Deployment of VoWlan. anyone have any idea about this? as i have I have 2 different SSID. i am just testing VoWlan through my laptop. i talk to Cisco IP Communicator and after that voice starts degrade. so please if anyone has any idea about this than please provide me.

Re: Deployment of VoWlan

There are routers that support multiple SSIDs. I am wondering now, what sense have, and what you can use? For each SSID, you can set your own encryption and MAC filtering, but then take it all SSIDs on the same WiFi network to. That's about the same as if you can not open his front door with different keys.

usually you can choose whether to isolate the SSID's against each other can. Then you can deploy as a guest WLAN with its own SSID and define where in the configuration that it should be insulated. By ZyXEL, this means eg "Disable / Enable Intra-BSS Traffic".

I would add just east of the statement that different applications or security mechanisms using different SSIDs which make sense. So, can you separate the business logic from data VoWLAN operation. It makes sense then to the cable side, different VLAN to use it. Another application may be different security mechanisms. The mention of Eastern guest WLAN is a good example. It is usually configured with "open" or "none" security and then the user is authenticated via the landing page. While internal users via 802.1x and EAP to authenticate directly.

As the VoIP (Voice over IP) will increase their level of acceptance at the enterprise level and increases the quality of the devices that support it, its deployment of Wireless LAN (VoWLAN) is increasing. In this sense, Avaya has just reached an agreement with Nokia terminals to equip the latter with appropriate software that allows switching between VoIP connections via LAN and WiFi network connections mobile operator.

Nokia has shown support for dual VoIP equipment from Cisco, reaching a very popular family of devices that aims to develop roaming. For its part, DiVitas also announced earlier this year similar support dual-capacity implementation mode.SegĂșn a study conducted by Infonetics, the demand for dual-mode phones will increase dramatically in the next two years, and the use of WiFi headphones.

The technology of voice over wireless LAN (VoWLAN) consists of two components: Voice over IP (VoIP) and wireless data Wi-Fi. Now this technique works only in several vertical markets and is not represented well in the corporate and consumer segments. However, the situation changes. The development of publicly available VoIP services (Skype, SipNet), the rapid growth of deployed Wi-Fi networks, an increasing offer mobile Wi-Fi devices, leads to increased interest in VoWLAN.

I would like to express a warning nonetheless: Even if it goes to SSIDs should not be too generous. Firstly the beacons are sent for each SSID - ie, for each SSID increases the overhead and the available bandwidth decreases. For all other clients are not so good- should be in accordance with standards, do not.