Thread: Does Cisco DDR2200 support bridge mode

Does Cisco DDR2200 support bridge mode

anyone know about this? Does Cisco DDR2200 support bridge mode? i search for this but yet cant get any respond. i also go through cisco official site but they dont gave me any respond on this yet. so please if anyone has any idea on this. than please provide me.

Re: Does Cisco DDR2200 support bridge mode

yes, Cisco DDR2200 support bridge mode, but its completely depends on the firmware you have centurylink, because newest firmware have some problem passing the layer 2 information on.

Bridge mode allows wireless interconnect devices that communicate with each other through wireless. To give us a rough idea, would be like mobile telephony repeaters. From an original signal repeaters can be added so we can exponentially increase the wireless coverage area and signal quality. This can be especially useful in case there is an excessive distance between the router and wireless PC or obstructions such as walls, or the router and PC are on different floors, so as to produce cuts or signal loss affecting our connection.

In the case of Internet connections (mainly ADSL) modem with RJ45 ( Ethernet 10/100 ) is configured in this mode when not able to share a connection, the connection parameters are sent directly by the user via a remote access connection (same as a USB modem). This particular method requires a router with no additional modem will share the connection inside the internal network and send the codes to connect to the modem configured in bridge mode.

Yes you can. another firewall between them and therefore you should not throw away the Cisco, it will need to be put into Brigding fashion, quasi serve only as a modem. It is idle now to discuss that could take over Cisco's firewalling, it should be made, management wants it. I want to reset the Cisco's and bring back to factory settings and then using SDM or console? The new import Config. I have read that you must define a vlan on the Cisco and then have to put the interface in this group, but as it ultimately must be made, I do not know.

To the VLAN's on this router, I unfortunately can not tell you much. Only if you want to administer the router on the network you have to give the device an IP. But to what do you imagine that I might have to tell you if you post a censored Config.