Thread: 14.2.0.[1]0 - ProSet software and driver is missing information for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

14.2.0.[1]0 - ProSet software and driver is missing information for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

I am trying to install x64 Win7 on my laptop but then I have found that the 14.2.0.[1]0 ProSet software and driver is not displaying information about the 4956AGN chipset, I don’t know why is it missing, I mean that it was stated that it should be there for the hardware. The problem here is that the ProSet software is just installing the diver but then it is just leaving the old driver as it is. Is there anyone who has faced the same and has an idea about it and can help me out as well??

Re: 14.2.0.[1]0 - ProSet software and driver is missing information for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

I am having the same issue and this case of the ProSet software is causing incompatibility between the old and the new driver. Even I don’t know why the alternative standalone driver-only package is not installing and it is giving me an option to choose from a list of driver where the 4965AGN is not even listed. Other than this I have also tried to remove the 13.x driver but then when I am attempting to install 14.x package then it is just reverting me back to the 12.x driver and I think that it is getting it from the its own driver store. I really don’t know what to do, any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: 14.2.0.[1]0 - ProSet software and driver is missing information for Intel Wireless WiFi Link 4965AGN

I have just now tried out the Intel Driver Update Utility and then it showed that I am having the 12.x and here I had downloaded it already but then I had not installed the same, When I am trying to install then again I am getting the same response, I mean that the software is getting installed but then the drivers don’t. I have tried to look for some errors as well but then I am not getting a single error to track down the actual cause of the problem.

I have been facing the same and I have found a no of people with the same issue in a no of forum but then I have not yet found a single solution for the same, I have also tried contacting the intel support but then even they were not able to help me out. I am really disappointed with the support they have given and hence forth I won’t be getting any Intel card.