Thread: Huawei E171 3G Data Card failed to initialize on Mac OS 10.7.2

Huawei E171 3G Data Card failed to initialize on Mac OS 10.7.2

HI, I have recently purchased Huawei E171 3G Data card for my macbook pro and in that i have installed Mac OS 10.7.2. But the thing is like whenever i connect this data card with my machine it just won’t get connection, don’t know what could be the problem. Any idea how can i get it resolved for mac OS ?

Re: Huawei E171 3G Data Card failed to initialize on Mac OS 10.7.2

see whenever we make use of any such data card in the machine we need to install appropriate rather i would say necessary drivers in the machine in order to get that newer hardware work perfectly. thus first i would like to ask you as whether you have installed any such drivers or not? because if not then you should first do that, because without that surely your machine will not initialize the device.

And if you have already installed the drivers than you should make sure whether they are compatible with the MAC OS X or not, because you must be aware as not all the drivers works same thus you have to install the compatible drivers first.

I do have the same opinion regarding the drivers only like if suppose you have installed the drivers already then you should make sure whether they are working perfectly or not. i know this is quite difficult to make out whether they are really working or not. but still in such case i prefer to reinstall them once again rather than finding out the fault and then get it resolved.

HI, I have recently purchased Huawei E171 3G Data card for my macbook pro and in that i have installed Mac OS 10.7.2. But the thing is like whenever i connect this data card with my machine it just won’t get connection, don’t know what could be the problem. Any idea how can i get it resolved for mac OS?
    Are you sure that the data card you are having works fine with other machines? I mean to say you should make sure whether this is happening only with your PC or with almost all the machines?

Because if this is only happening with your machine then surely there is some problem in your PC otherwise in the card.

I think it would be better if you contact the service center once and ask them about support in this issue. Because I don’t think none of the above solution will help you any way.

In fact you can have another option as well, like have you ever reinstall the firmware of the data card? i mean to say there could be some problem with the data card’s firmware itself? Though i was not trying with the mac OS but one i was also not able to get it work however, thus after reinstalling the firmware everything were working fine, so if you are quite aware about this process then you can carry on with this or else according to me as well visit the service center will be better option.