Thread: How to remove olmasco.o trojan

How to remove olmasco.o trojan

I have a Windows XP system. My system is infected with olmasco.o trojan virus. My antivirus keeps on giving me popup for the same. I am using a free edition of AVG. I do not think it is able to remove this. I had also scanned it several times in safe mode but still it is not working. Can anyone help me to remove this. Is there a direct way available to get rid of this thread. My system is working really slow.

I will recommend you to change your antivirus and then check back. Many popular antivirus offer you a 30 days trail edition. You can download Norton. Download this antivirus and update it. Then scan your system in safe mode. This is a really good antivirus. It will scan your system and quarantine the threats. You have to remove old antivirus first. Then only it will work. The second thing I will recommend you is start taking data backup.

Re: How to remove olmasco.o trojan

It is very complicated to remove a Trojan virus. Once they infect your system you have to format your pc anyway. Boot your pc on safe mode and backup all your data. Then only go ahead with doing any changes or anything. Because if you anything and the system stopped working then you might loose your important files. So just take a backup first and then go ahead with cleaning your system. You can download a bootable antivirus. It will scan your pc through bootable DVD.