Thread: Virus protection for kindle fire

Virus protection for kindle fire

Is there anyone who can tell me whether there is a requirement of virus protection for the Kindle Fire ebook reader? Since it runs on android platform, it is kind of vulnerable and there are many android smartphones with antivirus protection on it. So, if it is necessary then can anyone suggest me the best antivirus program for my kindle fire? Thanks for any recommendations.

Re: Virus protection for kindle fire

It is true that Kindle Fire runs on Android platform and there has been various reports of hackers targetting phones which run on android operating system, so it doesnt mean they are also targetting the kindle fire as well. Actually, the kindle fire runs on a custom Amazon version of the Android so it is only the software engineers who created it can write virus program for this device and nobody else. So I dont think that you need any antivirus software for your device.

Re: Virus protection for kindle fire

Its your choice if you want to install antivirus in your kindle fire device. There are many antivirus available for android device, one such is called Lookout. It is a very well known antivirus for android device and I am also using it on my phone. You can also download the free version that has most of the features. This antivirus checks every app that you install in addition to its antivirus function.

Android is a very famous and hot new target for hackers to infect it with virus. There are many people who are also using mobile banking apps on their android devices. I am very much concerned because I use the Fire to browse and we also connect via Wifi which is open. Anyways, you can also use Dr Web app that is free on the Amazon store to get rid of any virus.