Thread: Malwarebytes and exeHelper infected with Hidden Virus

Malwarebytes and exeHelper infected with Hidden Virus

Im running on windows XP and as per title suggest Malwarebytes and exeHelper present on this system. When attempting to run Malwarebytes Anti-malware software and starting scanning process, it immediately shut down computer system. This happens almost when i start scanning with using such software. I'm hoping that it happens because my Malwarebytes and exeHelper files already infected with Hidden Virus. I need some guidance to remove this hidden virus. How can i do this task?? I'm waiting helpful suggestions.

Re: Malwarebytes and exeHelper infected with Hidden Virus

Why not you just try to perform system restoring process on it. i have personal experience about such system restore. Same situations happen on my system. Then i simply apply it and recover all the setup files of installed software. After finishing this process, i haven't found any problems after this issue. special scanning will be work in good manner. This is well for me and it helpful to fix the software problem.

TDSSKiller.exe is helpful for removing such hidden virus. You can just try to apply download and TDSSKiller.exe file running on your widnows xp. It beneficial for you to avoid any such kind of problems. Try it and check is there any virus present on it. If such running process shows any virus, remove it on your system. Kaspersky TDSSKiller 2.5.1.0 is latest version that surely works to remove such kind of virus. It will also protect your system from external virus programs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bahumathi View Post
    TDSSKiller.exe is helpful for removing such hidden virus. You can just try to apply download and TDSSKiller.exe file running on your widnows xp. It beneficial for you to avoid any such kind of problems. Try it and check is there any virus present on it. If such running process shows any virus, remove it on your system. Kaspersky TDSSKiller 2.5.1.0 is latest version that surely works to remove such kind of virus. It will also protect your system from external virus programs.
    Grab a fresh copy of ComboFix by downloading it from correct source link. Then simply do such downloaded file running task on your desktop. check whether it shows any virus file or not. If you found any virus files, definately you need to remove it. Use its inbuilt option for doing this process. Combofix was designed to scan a computer for known malware, spyware. I hope it definately helpful for you to detect hidden virus and remove it from your storage device. AFter finishing this scanning reboot your system and confirm Malwarebytes and exeHelper works well or something else.

If this program not still work in well behavior, simply uninstall it and reboot your system. Then download such program from correct source. Run its downloaded setup files. If successful installation message arrives at the end of process, your problem is solved. This reinstall is necessary when the programs is completely infected by the virus and can't able to recover it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmaF View Post
    If this program not still work in well behavior, simply uninstall it and reboot your system. Then download such program from correct source. Run its downloaded setup files. If successful installation message arrives at the end of process, your problem is solved. This reinstall is necessary when the programs is completely infected by the virus and can't able to recover it.
    MOst of such virus infected files can't be simply removed by such antivirus program. In this situations start your system with Safe Mode. Open Run window by pressing Win+R key in your windows XP. type "%userprofile%\desktop\sega.com" /killall /nombr and press Enter button. It works to detect and remove this hidden virus from your storage device. Sega.com.exe typing on run window also helpful here. This is also simplest way to start system scanning process. It can be easily work on windows XP.

You can also check the log file within your system. If there is any antivirus program infected or corrupted, simply perform uninstall of that program. If any program is also outdated, uninstall it. Then perform reboot and re-installation task on it. It beneficial for you. Such log file can be catch-able in system folder.

Quote Originally Posted by Bjork View Post
    You can also check the log file within your system. If there is any antivirus program infected or corrupted, simply perform uninstall of that program. If any program is also outdated, uninstall it. Then perform reboot and re-installation task on it. It beneficial for you. Such log file can be catch-able in system folder.
    Here you can also apply SecurityCheck.exe file running and following the onscreen instructions process. ONline help works to get such file. It securitycheck.exe checkup all the running and installed files on the system. Mostly it works on the program files folder to detect that is there any files completely infected with virus or not. Try it. In few cases, it also detect and remove hidden virus files and folder.