Thread: ‘PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter’ alert while scanning with Malwarebytes

‘PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter’ alert while scanning with Malwarebytes

Hello everyone I hope I am posting this in the proper section. Well what I wanted to say is that every time I scan my system with the malware bytes program then it gives me an alert saying ‘PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter’. well this does not happen when I scan my system with the Microsoft Security Essentials security suite. Now some months ago I had scanned my system with the Spybot Search and all it gave is a fake security alert. I just want to know is the same case here as well. I want to know from you all. Please reply on the same. I am waiting for the response from your side.

Re: ‘PUM.Disabled.SecurityCenter’ alert while scanning with Malwarebytes

See if you are getting that alert then it is very important to fix it, that’s what my opinion would be for you. Since why I am saying that spyware has the capacity to disable the security center as well. so that’s what the feature is for the PUM i.e also know as potentially unwanted modification I would advise you to better fix it rather then disabling or sending it to quarantine. That’s what my advise would be. However if you have chosen to disable the security center then that’s ok. It will not show up at all and in case if it shows then it is better to disable it. That’s what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Irene-I View Post
    See if you are getting that alert then it is very important to fix it, that’s what my opinion would be for you. Since why I am saying that spyware has the capacity to disable the security center as well. so that’s what the feature is for the PUM i.e also know as potentially unwanted modification I would advise you to better fix it rather then disabling or sending it to quarantine. That’s what my advise would be. However if you have chosen to disable the security center then that’s ok. It will not show up at all and in case if it shows then it is better to disable it. That’s what I think.
    Ok I don’t understand what should be the final outcome for this kind of issue? That’s what I am not understanding at all. I am a first timer for this malware bytes and I haven’t used it earlier. I have done all the detailed scanning and I haven’t found any malware. So should I ignore such kind of notification in future as well? what do you all think about the same. waiting for the reply.

It would be too early from our side to comment anything on that particular issue that’s what I feel here, now the reason why I am saying this is because such kind of threat are already been investigated by the malware bytes people and as soon as they would conclude upon some results they will surely respond that’s what I think over here. so what I can say over here is that you have some patience as of now you avoid such kind of alerts if it is showing and as soon as it is classified as a threat by the malware bytes people then they will develop some tool to flush it out from the system, that’s what I think would be the ideal solution for you. I hope that’s clear for you. That’s it from my side for you all.

Dude you even have an option to turn all PUM detections off. So you can look out for that option as well in the antivirus. So do give a try for the same, that’s what I think would be the ideal thing for you.

Dude can you please tell me how to do that? It would be of immense help for me if you can show me some steps by which I would be able to disable that option. Anyways thanks for the reply.

If you go in the settings tab, then in the scanner settings there is an option called as action for potentially unwanted programs. There is a drop down option besides that. You will have to select ‘Do not show in the result list’. That’s the option that you have to select.

I hope you did understand what I have said here, that’s it from my side for you all.