Thread: How to stop my browser from redirecting to searchportal

How to stop my browser from redirecting to searchportal

I am trying to get some file downloaded from rapid-share. But when I open the site I am redirected to some site which is named as search portal. On the same time I receive a malware warning. It was fine for few day, but now whenever I open any website it is redirected. I tried clearing my system with my antivirus, but the warning only appears when I try to download something or visit the size. How should I get rid of this issue.I am tried to locate any application related to that in my add/remove program. But there is nothing found in it.

Re: How to stop my browser from redirecting to searchportal

You get the warning from antivirus because that site is being blocked. It consist of malicious software which ruins your system. I will recommend you to clear up your system cookies and set the default home page as blank. If possible you can try updating your web browsers to the most recent version. This fixes many bugs related to browser addons and toolbars. You must try to get rid of this issue. Try to run Malwarebytes Antimalware. It will scann for hidden malware in your sysetm and remove it. For better results you can try scanning the same in safe mode. Do not download or run any kind of updates given by popups. Instead of that doing a manual update is much more better. Your system is infected with a browser redirection virus. This virus tries to redirect you to other sites. Other than this you must also use a better antivirus program which can keep other infections in check.

There are some fixes which can be found easily on the web. Like combofix or any other scanner which can provide you a detail log file. This log file consist of all services that are running in the background.

This virus is similar to Google redirect virus. This method is used by many sites to obtain traffic but for users this is really very annoying. The virus infects your system with rogue products. Many time you will notice a fake antivirus warning on your screen. This antivirus warning will force to install and run a rogue product and then buy the same. Innocent users click on the same and install the malware. The only way to fix it is to format your system and re-install windows again. In the same way your system is also infected with this kind of virus which redirects you to a different site. It will soon flood your system with fake warning. There is tool by kaspersky called as TDSSKiller.You can download and run this tool It will scan your system and will provide you a better option to get rid of the virus. Always keep your virus definition upto date. This is recommended.

This type of issue occurs most commonly when you download or install any kind of new toolbar or addon in your system. The best example is smiley central. This cause flooding of popups and rogue antivirus in your system.

The virus removal become easier when you know because of which app this was appeared. Or else the regular scanners are best. But some of the virus are not easier to remove. If you had installed any malware then the best way is to keep scanning the system after are a regular time interval. For example let your system on schedule antivirus scan once in a day. Until the antivirus is present the infection does not spreads. Second thing if still you face issue you can contact your isp to change your ip address. As the malware has already registered your ip, more infection will be drawn to your system. Mostly a clean format does the work. Do not directly run flash or active x updates, as this also can infect the system.

Just by scanning the virus is not removed. You have to scan the same and then also fix the registry errors. There are number of registry scanners, that you can download and run. Scan your system and fix back. Hijackthis provides you a number of similar tools.

For start I will recommend you not to go for cheap or free tools for getting rid of this infections. They are not much reliable. A better antivirus scan is fine. Run flush dns commands to clear your dns cache. You can also setup the dns manually to get your pages effectively on your screen. This virus usually hijacks your dns which cause the issue. Get a good internet security antivirus program. AVG is good enough for such purpose.

The malware works automatically. First go in Start >Msconfig > startup. Check and disable all those services which are not required. Later on go in Control panel and remove all unwanted programs. Remove toolbars or better re-install your browser. Avoid clicking on any stuff while you receive a popup that can be a bit risky sometime.