Thread: What is javacpl.cpl?

What is javacpl.cpl?

Hello friends, I was scanning the computer with the Malwarebytes PRO which is up to date and it detected the javacpl.cpl as a threat. when I opened the quarantine area then that was listed as the trojan.Dropper.pws. I am not sure that if I should remove that from the quarantine or should I keep that there or I should I add that in the ignore list. I am confused because it looks like something related to Java but I am unsure about that. So can you please post some information about this or what should I do in such condition.

Re: What is javacpl.cpl?

javacpl.cpl a Java (TM) Control Panel Are Java (TM) Platform SE 6 U5 of Sun Microsystems, Inc. System foreigners processes (eg javacpl.cpl) are required for software that is installed on the system. Most applications store data in the system registry. It is therefore unlikely that the registry is fragmented and dangerous mistakes can accumulate. Therefore, you should now check the registry for hidden errors.

If that is not creating any problem for you then why are you removing that. Just let it be there only and keep on using your PC.

If you wish to stop the javacpl.cpl forever then you must uninstall the 'Java (TM) Platform SE 6 U5' through the system. But I will never recommend you to uninstall this as it is required to run many of the applications. And if you uninstall that completely then you might have problem to run those applications and problem in opening some of the websites. So if that is not making any problem with the system then please don’t try to remove that.