Thread: Need help!! Avast found "consrv.dll" virus in both system32/64 folders

Need help!! Avast found "consrv.dll" virus in both system32/64 folders

I am running windows 7 and I am having Avast as well on my machine and the problem that I am having now is that Avast has found "consrv.dll" virus in both system32/64 folders and I have deleted them as well but then it has asked for a reboot and I am hesitating in doing the same, as after getting it detected I had checked for the same virus and there were a no of people who have deleted the it but then after reboot their system was not starting so I don’t want to run in the same line. Any help for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Need help!! Avast found "consrv.dll" virus in both system32/64 folders

I am running windows 7 and I am having Avast as well on my machine and the problem that I am having now is that Avast has found "consrv.dll" virus in both system32/64 folders and I have deleted them as well but then it has asked for a reboot and I am hesitating in doing the same, as after getting it detected I had checked for the same virus and there were a no of people who have deleted the it but then after reboot their system was not starting so I don’t want to run in the same line. Any help for the same will be appreciated.
    I don’t think that the get deleted and so because I have found people saying that when they are found they were not able to deleted it or even move the same to the chest and all, I think that you can try to alter the registry entry and get it back to the "winsrv" and see if it is making any difference or not. Just try it out and then let me know what you get.

Hey I have already tried it out and I had found this solution on a forum but then the problem in my case is that when I am trying to do so then it is not changing anything, I mean that when I am clicking on the OK then it is again dragging me back to the "consrv" and this is making me thing that even after deleting it the virus is still there and it is still active as well. Is there any other thing that I can try out??

I think that I can help you here as I had faced the same before, it would have been better if you would have not deleted the file but then now you can just refer to this guide “Logs to assist in cleaning malware” just enter the same in the Google without the quotes and then follow the steps that has been mentioned there and after you get your log just copy the same in a notepad file and then send it to me as a personal message for further help. Best of luck.

I just wanted to ask you that is it possible for you to restore the malware file or not?? If it then I will suggest you to reboot the machine because if it is possible to restore the malware file then you will be able to retain the booting ability as well. So just check it out and then let me know about it.

I have not tried the same so I am still not sure about it but then I will try it out and will let you know and the other thing that I wanted to share is that I have used Anti-Malware and made a full scan as well but then no infections were found in the result so even I am having some relief now and I think that there will be no problem after the reboot but then to be at the safer side I will check the restore thing first and follow the possible solution to solve it out. Thanks in advance.

In case if you are not able to restore the malware file then I will suggest you to download the ComboFix from here

After you download it then make sure that you are disabling all the other program that you use and the combofix is the only program that is running to be at the safer side and after that double click on the exe file of the combofix and after that just read and then accept the agreement and after the process is finished you will get a log and you can check the same in the C:\ComboFix.txt so just copy the same in a notepad file and then send it to me as a personal message for further help.

Hey I have done the same and I have ran the combofix as well and it was working fine but then just after sometime the screen turned black but the mouse cursor was visible and appeared as frozen and I was only left with the solution of using the reset button and I did the same and now one more problem is that I am not able to log in to the Windows, After I did a no of restart I was able to log in and now I am really getting afraid because things are going worse. What should I do now, I won’t be running the combofix again. Is there any other solution that I can try out? Any further help will be appreciated.

I don’t think that it should respond like this because I have suggested the same to a no of people who were infected by the virus but then I have never heard from anyone that they had such problem after using it, I think that you might have missed out something. Are you sure that you have used the combofix as specified by essexboy.?? Or you have used a different one.

I found that even otl was running with the ComboFix and that might have resulted in to the further problem but then I just wanted to know that should I run the ComboFix again or not? And I am asking so because the avast starts scanning the windows during the boot-up and this time it has not found anything suspicious and the result was clean. The other thing that I wanted to know is that I have checked the location of the ComboFix and I have found that along with it there is one more folder called “Qoobox" is it installed with the ComboFix or it has been installed without my knowledge because as far as I remember I have not installed anything like that.

I don’t know about the “Qoobox" but then I just wanted to know that are you sure that I was not there?? The other thing that I wanted to sy is that try the process again by not making any such mistakes and then send me the c:\combofix.txt for further help.