Thread: Avast not able to deal with Win7 2012 virus

Avast not able to deal with Win7 2012 virus

I have been using windows 7 on my pc and I am also having avast Pro installed and I had recently attacked by the Win7 2012 virus and at this time I found that avast was not able to deal with it, so after searching out for help I found “Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012 name changing rogue (Uninstall Guide)” and using the same I was able to get rid of the virus. I am still having the3 avast but then I think that I am still not safe with this kind of viruses because it is really not capable of dealing with it. I just wanted to know that will the avast people come out with an update to deal with such viruses? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: Avast not able to deal with Win7 2012 virus

I have been using windows 7 on my pc and I am also having avast Pro installed and I had recently attacked by the Win7 2012 virus and at this time I found that avast was not able to deal with it, so after searching out for help I found “Remove Win 7 Antispyware 2012 and Vista Antivirus 2012 name changing rogue (Uninstall Guide)” and using the same I was able to get rid of the virus. I am still having the3 avast but then I think that I am still not safe with this kind of viruses because it is really not capable of dealing with it. I just wanted to know that will the avast people come out with an update to deal with such viruses? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.
    I will suggest you to try out the “Norton DNS blocks malware” and it is really goo and I have been using the same and it is capable of dealing with such viruses as well. It had really helped me out quickly when I had go the Win7 2012 virus while I was visiting a normal website and since then I have been using it and it has not led me down till now. If you want them you can get it and it is free as well.

I will surely try it out but then I just wanted to know that will it be possible to use the avast and the Norton DNS at the same time without running in to any kind of further problem and all. Have you removed the avast and you have switched to Norton DNS or you are using both. I don’t want to lose avast because I have been using it from months and it has been working great till now rather than for the Win7 2012 virus. Any further help for the same will be appreciated.

Yes I have stopped using the avast and I have switched to the Norton DNS because I personally was not finding it worth, in my case I have configured the Norton DNS on the router to be at the safer side but then I think you won’t have any problem in configuring it on your computer as well. Actually have done so because I am having couple of computers in my home network so doing this will secure them all. I think that you can do the same for your laptops as well and frankly speaking I think that the Norton DNS is quite faster and better than the other dns services that I have used by now but choice is yours.

If you want to use some other additional software or firewall with the avst than you can very well go for “Online Armor Free” my friend have been using the same from a long time with the avast and he has not faced any problem because of any kind of conflicts between them, I don’t think that they have any kind of conflicts as well. So if you want then you can try it out and you will be more secure without loosing the avast as well.

Even I am using avast and even I am aware of the its defending result with the Win7 2012 virus and as far as I can guess I think that there will be an update to fix this out next year between the first two month, actually the problem here is that such viruses keep changing their signature so it becomes to track them out and I don’t think that avast is the only one that is not capable of dealing with the Win7 2012 virus there are a lot of other people who have reported the same issue with different antiviruses as well. I am still using the avast for its sandbox feature because I think that it really keeps things very isolated and safe as well. Even I wish that there is an early update by the avast to deal with such issue further because they are becoming more common now and many people have reported them as well.

I don’t think that the following ones:
    • OpenDNS
    • Norton DNS
    • Comodo DNS

Will ensure you that you will not get infected by anything, i don’t think that other dns can do the same because I have found that this type of viruses are getting in to our computer through phishing, I mean just a click and within seconds your system will get infected. If you want then you can try to avoid them to some extent by turning the anti-phishing filter ‘on’. I am aware of the same in the in internet explorer and by default it is “on” when we browse so I prefer using it than any other browser. If you want then you can also get a MBAM Professional as well and it is really effective as well but you will have to spend a bit.

I really don’t think that avast is actually working out because I have been attacked by the Win7 2012 virus fort the second time and I think that they are everywhere in my system. I really don’t think what to do now because I have tried a lot of other popular antivirus as well but then I don’t think that even they are making any difference, I have tried out the below ones:
    • NortonDNS
    • Avast
    • SpywareBlaster
    • WinPatrol Plus

Is there any other which I can try out??

I think that you can try out a system restore and see if it is making any difference or not, just try it out and then let me know what you get.