Thread: Rootkit popups alerts in the avast antivirus

Rootkit popups alerts in the avast antivirus

As I’m using the avast as my PC antivirus to secure it from the viruses. But one thing I want to know is that sometimes there is an popup alert in the avast showing that an hidden object is found and malware can affect your files. So I would like to know when we ignore it by canceling or pressing ok where does the particular which was detected be stores. Does it stores in the file system shield or it is sent to the other file which we cannot refer or see.

And also want to know by ignoring this will it affect the particular file or folder or it is better to delete.

Re: Rootkit popups alerts in the avast antivirus

Even … I have noticed this many times in the laptop and would also like to know about this. As it would be an additional knowledge for me. So do anyone knowing about this would help me out with this. So I can know about where the rootkit is stored in which file.

See whenever you notice such type of pop-ups or warning regarding this then first thing what you have to do is that check whether you the file which it is showing to you is any of the use or an known file which is really useful to you. If you don’t know about that particular file then go to the properties of that particular file and see that whether the file is an important one or not.

And if you are having doubt in that particular file or folder of having malware in it then it is better you delete to that particular file because it might infect to other files.

What I have seen in the rootkit pop-ups alerts is that the whenever it shows me the warning of the particular file and when I delete it goes off. But after some time what I see is that it pop-up with that particular file again. So my question is that what is the use of deleting that particular.

If you are having issues of the file getting back to the folder after deleting it then I guess you might not have got latest updates for the avast antivirus so for this you should try after getting the latest updates and try deleting again. I hope it should work after doing this.

Actually Rootkit functions are used in the antivirus for stopping the unauthorized applications to get enter it into the PC or laptop. So that it can block the malware activity entering in to your system. So if you want to avoid the rootkit window pop-up then at the bottom of the window you will see the options. You can select which the options you wanted and avoid it accordingly.