Thread: Unable to use wireless connection with talktalk's echolife hg520s router

Unable to use wireless connection with talktalk's echolife hg520s router

i used this talktalk's echolife hg520s wireless router on my desktop pc. I want to connect it to the laptop that i used in last six month. Talktalik communication service works to do this wireless connectivity. WiFi makes important role here. I try all the basic task that works to make this connections but it the end it goes failed. Can anyone describe more things about it. Thanks for any such help.

Re: Unable to use wireless connection with talktalk's echolife hg520s router

As per you discuss on the post that you already used this wireless router with the desktop pc. But have you configure your laptop for this connectiviyt. if not then do this task. For doing this configurations, follow below process:
    1. First go to control panel-> network connections->properties window of router.
    2. HIt Advanced tab.
    3. Check mark on the "Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s Internet connection" options.
    4. Press OK button

That's it. you found that the router is being connected wireless manner to your router. If router work well, then there is no problem with this connections.

If your laptop has wireless card, use that. This will surely makes an effect for the connections within the laptop and the desktop pc with the help of router and wireless card. Try it and check its result. Here if you want to just connect laptop and desktop pc, then router is not necessary. But if you can build it for future purpose for extending the network connections in LAN, then its good to make connections via router.

You can also take help of the router manual. The user guide manual for the EchoLife HG520s router is available for downloading. You need to just check the manual you download from official or unofficial site is in your suitable language or not. Otherwise it doesn't beneficial for you. you can read FAQ as well as troubleshooting section of this manual. It really beneficial for getting information and apply it for connection purpose.

I also try to make connection using talktalk service and Netgear DG834G router but it also failed. Then i follow the manual instructions and build secure connections. It works and now there is not any problem in this connection. Hence such manual also being helpful for making the wireless connections. Use it.

In that connections, you can try with setting up WPA security either. It also works in that situations where the router and the laptop connected very well. Ethernet cable works to make such type of wifi connections. Try it and check its details. Wi-Fi Protected Access is an security protocols and security certification programs that definitely works to connect this router with the wifi enabled laptop.

ALso wifi networking driver upgrade task on laptop also works to enable this connections. Hence confirm that your laptop system contains latest wireless driver. If not, then perform wireless driver upgrade task on this laptop. Use official site link here for this driver upgradation process. This is well for avoiding any kind of connection problem and build system with the proper connections.

Try to reset your router for solving problem if it is in router. To reset the wireless router just press the reset button on the back of the router. Try this and check the result. Hope this time you can able ot make this connection with the best way. This wireless connection problem can be also solved using such simple resetting the router.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugo View Post
    Try to reset your router for solving problem if it is in router. To reset the wireless router just press the reset button on the back of the router. Try this and check the result. Hope this time you can able ot make this connection with the best way. This wireless connection problem can be also solved using such simple resetting the router.
    Many thanks for your interest in networking issues. I hope that all such kind of informations works for me to fix the networking problem. First i am try to reset the router and check its result. I hope that it works for me to fix connection problem. If not its really difficult for me.