Thread: AVAST Firewall leads to slow webpage load

AVAST Firewall leads to slow webpage load

I am using the AVAST INTERNET SECURITY which is a paid version. It is running well but there is just one problem that I am having with this and that is when I set the firewall protection on then I have noticed that the webpages take a few seconds more while loading the webpages. I have tested that many times by turning off and on the fire wall and found that it only happens when the firewall is on. I am 100 % sure that there is some problem with the firewall here and that is the reason for this problem. I want to ask that if there is something that I could adjust in order to get this problem solved. If you know anything about this then please let me know about that. I will be thankful to all the replies. Please reply as soon as possible.

Re: AVAST Firewall leads to slow webpage load

I would like to tell you that there are many of the other available firewall which are freeware like Comodo, PCTools Firewall Plus, Jetico. among this, you can consider to use the Zone Alarm and that is working great with the avast. You will get very user friendly interface and you will get that very easy to set any of the settings in that. But there is only one problem with that and that is, you will not be able to select the high protection. It will be only able to set up to Medium protection and to use over that, you must purchase the full version of that and then you can access the full utilities of that.

In case, you are using two antivirus programs at the same time on a single computer that might interrupt the processing of each other and because of that this problem may appears to you. So what you can do is, uninstall the other antivirus (if you have any) and after that restart the system. If it is the reason for this then you will not have problem after uninstalling one antivirus.

It might be something related with the browser that you are using. Are you getting the same problem with other browsers as well. If you have not tried this then try to access the same site with some other browser and see if it does the same with you. If other browser is not having problem then this is the browser problem and not the problem with the Avira.

If you wish to ensure that if the issue is with the browser or the antivirus then just disable that for some time and see if you are getting the same issue again. If you are getting the problem again then this is the problem with the browser otherwise there is something wrong with the AVAST. I know that this is not the solution for it but you can be clear with the source of the issue.

Are you having the trial version of it? if yes then this is the time to activate that and then you will be able to get the full services of that.

It might be some issue with the browser that you are using. It will be better for you if you can try with some other browser and see if that can load the pages normally. If it is because of the browser then changing browser will solve the issue for you.