Thread: Can WD TV LIVE create Playlists?

Can WD TV LIVE create Playlists?

I want to ask that if it is possible with the WD TV LIVE 2011 to make or edit the playlists for the unit itself? I searched for this on internet but do not got some satisfactory result from there. So I am starting this over here so that I can have some replies from you people. Please help me friends.

re: Can WD TV LIVE create Playlists?

No, this is not possible to make the PLaylists from WD TV LIVE but if you want then you can make the playlist from your computer and when you are completed with that then you can transfer that to the WD TV LIVE. O ne thing that you keep in mind while doing this is that you will have to modify then in order to remove any local path.

Just read the points below for the WD TV Media Player. See if this helps you or not.
    • In order to get music playlists in a WD TV, you must create the playlist in your media player and save on the drive.
    • The playlist has to be created, while the corresponding media are stored on the drive that you connect to the WD TV. The play then refers to media that are stored on the drive, and not on media that are stored on your computer. Instructions for creating playlists from media that are stored on an external drive, contact the manufacturer of the media player you use.
    • WD TV does not support playlists from movies or videos. This kind of playlist is not listed in the menu system and therefore can not be played. Only music playlists can be played.

Playing a media item with network drive or ShareSpace My Book World, you should contact the manufacturer of the media player to know how to create playlists of multimedia elements on the same drive.

To play music on a WD Elements Play, please follow the instructions below:
    1. Start by turning on your WD Elements Play.
    2. Go to the Music category, then press ENTER.
    3. Press the UP or DOWN arrow to select the disk media or disk storage attached USB as an option (at the location where you want to access music files) and then press ENTER.
    4. Press the ENTER button on the remote to see the contents of the disk media or attached USB storage drive.
    5. Use the navigation buttons on the remote to navigate to the folder containing music and press the ENTER button on the remote to see the contents of the
    6. Use the navigation buttons up and down the remote control to browse music files. Information on the music file appear to the right of the screen.
    7. Locate the audio file you want to play.

• To start playing a single audio file, put the file in surveillance, and then press ENTER.
    • To start playing a playlist, highlight the list name, then press PAUSE / PLAY.
    • To start playback of all audio files in a folder, highlight an audio file in that folder, then press PAUSE / PLAY.

Re: Can WD TV LIVE create Playlists?

Quote Originally Posted by Bhuvana21 View Post
    Just read the points below for the WD TV Media Player. See if this helps you or not.
    • In order to get music playlists in a WD TV, you must create the playlist in your media player and save on the drive.
    • The playlist has to be created, while the corresponding media are stored on the drive that you connect to the WD TV. The play then refers to media that are stored on the drive, and not on media that are stored on your computer. Instructions for creating playlists from media that are stored on an external drive, contact the manufacturer of the media player you use.
    • WD TV does not support playlists from movies or videos. This kind of playlist is not listed in the menu system and therefore can not be played. Only music playlists can be played.
    Yes this worked for me but not in the way that I was expecting from it. Anyways, it is better to have something than nothing and I am happy with that.