Thread: Hub vs. WD Live Streaming

Hub vs. WD Live Streaming

I am thinking to purchase the new streaming player and confused between the hub and WD Live. I think that this is stupid to buy the hub. This is for the reason that the streaming player is quicker, of low cost, with wifi and it is USB compatible in you want. Hub interface is one of the positive points of it.

2TB HD - $80.

or

Hub w/ 1TB - $200.

Re: Hub vs. WD Live Streaming

There is just one reason that someone will think to purchase the hub and that is if you are going to make use of more than 1tb and you do not require to have wifi. But with this, you will miss two boxes under your TV. In short, it will be stupid decision to go for the hub

I am using both of the above mentioned devices from Western Digital. I can say that you can save on the Live HD live a lot over the hub. When talking about a price difference. I must say that Western Digital's user interface has improved a lot during the live hub, and more personalization enabled (eg background image, etc.), but I think that you will not be happy with the current predecessor which is a real bargain because it should be a very good keep up with current media players.

Advantage of the newer version is of course the internal memory, which must be filled over the network. Then again, the advantage is that the media player can be used not only as a DLNA client, but also as a media server.

You should add a Western Digital with the new WD TV Live Hub Media Center on the seemingly more conservative variant of storing content. This allows the user to create a complete media library and transfer the contents of just about every device in the house. It does not matter whether the recipient is a Mac machine, a TV or a Sony Playstation 3 's. With appropriate programs with the help of iPad, iPhone or Android smartphones users can access the contents of the WD TV Live Hub. The hub acts as a central media server and plays many current formats such as. Avi,. Mp4 and. Mov. Those who like to direct data transfers, for example, another external hard drive, you can do so via one of the two USB ports.

The central hub can be brought into the gigabit LAN network, use of the wlan is possible if you use an optional USB-Stick. I've already requested a stick and it'll test it separately. Unless your network shares on the computer or even have a NAS, so you can integrate this directly. So you have not necessarily your data on the disk of the WD TV Live Hub copy, a stream is also possible. The work is easy and doable even for beginners. We note: external media can be connected via a network or use 1a USB stick.

The Hub is not just an ordinary servant, as far as receiving and playing media, it can also spread itself some. The Western Digital TV Live Hub can also be great to use for file storage on the network. Anyone who uses iTunes, which will forward the iTunes server. Thus, all streamed to the media stored at the hub stations.The playback of movies appears to be no problem. Even large MKV container ran smoothly over the network.

I would like to tell you that western Digital has added to the WD TV Live TV's video solutions to a new model. With the HD Media Player can not play only HD videos and photos of up to two USB-connected storage solutions such as external hard drives, USB sticks and digital cameras. Thanks to the support network playback over Ethernet is possible - either directly from the computer or an Ethernet storage solution.

The WD TV Live is the natural evolution of the WD TV and makes it next to the excellent platform. With a lightweight and portable you can enjoy your multimedia content anywhere, whether on vacation with the portable hard drive, either at home with the hard disk or network by linking to YouTube videos for an evening of fun with friends : after you try it you can not live without it. The success of these devices can be explained by the fact that gradually that technology provides us with a greater richness in terms of quality both in terms of quantity and distribution of the various media sources.

Western Digital has also devised the WD Media Library feature. Here you will able to see all the media by type in one menu regardless of location in folders or drives: in short, a sort of distributed media library. Inside the catalog you can search the desired file by genre, title, artist, filename whole or in part.

I think that the hub will be quite slow as compared to the WD Live Streaming. So my choice for this will be the WD Live Streaming anytime. I dont care what other people think about this. Every technology has some small bugs and if that is giving you a good service then I think that it will be good to avoid those small bugs. what say?