Thread: Avast 6 using very excessive internet bandwidth

Avast 6 using very excessive internet bandwidth

i used avast 6.0.1289 program on my Windows Vista 32bit OS. two days before i updated this antivirus to this latest version. It runs well to scan the virus files present on system and if any such virus present on it, it works to remove this virus. Now i realize that the Avast 6 using very excessive internet bandwidth. How can i avoid this onto my windows vista system? Is there any way I can stop them from doing so? Any help to do this task will be helpful for me. Thanks.

Re: Avast 6 using very excessive internet bandwidth

You need to try Avast main GUI-> settings-> community-> disable "participate in avast community". this will be work to decrease the excessive internet bandwidth. Try this simple way in your system and check its valuable result on your windows vista.

Quote Originally Posted by Jugo View Post
    You need to try Avast main GUI-> settings-> community-> disable "participate in avast community". this will be work to decrease the excessive internet bandwidth. Try this simple way in your system and check its valuable result on your windows vista.
    Interestingly enough, according to the Reliability and Performance Monitor, avast! is still taking up half of my bandwidth. Hence i also think that this is best for you to do this complicated task. When Avast has the web shield enabled, it will scan all http traffic. Hence i would be reocmmend to you for do this simple disabling the web shield options on your avast antivirus. The reason behind this option is enable because the antivirus protecting your http traffic. You need to do this option disabling task on your windows vista system. Then only you can get its desired internet bandwidth.

Quote Originally Posted by Reese-R View Post
    Interestingly enough, according to the Reliability and Performance Monitor, avast! is still taking up half of my bandwidth. Hence i also think that this is best for you to do this complicated task. When Avast has the web shield enabled, it will scan all HTTP traffic. Hence i would be recommend to you for do this simple disabling the web shield options on your avast antivirus. The reason behind this option is enable because the antivirus protecting your HTTP traffic. You need to do this option disabling task on your windows vista system. Then only you can get its desired internet bandwidth.
    If you disabled the web shield provider then your browser would see the bandwidth use. Hence i also suggest to you for use this simple process on your windows vista system. This is best for you and it works to keep the internet bandwidth usage in limited manner. But you can also try to removing buffer content on your web browser. For this process, you need to Internet > your PC > buffer > browser. It show you the buffer clear option. This will be work to fix your internet bandwidth problem.