Thread: Failed to get into C drive on a network

Failed to get into C drive on a network

I am having three computers on the network. Out of three, two are having Windows 7 installed and one is having Windows XP. All of them are working well but there is only one problem that I am facing with this and that is, I am not able to access the C: drive of the PC that is having Windows 7 from any other node. Can some body tell me that what should be changed in order to get access to the C: drive. There is no problem when I share any folder or file in some other drive. Problem is only with the C drive. If you have any idea that how this can be solved then please let me know that. I have already tried with all the possible solutions that I know to solve it but nothing helps me.

Re: Failed to get into C drive on a network

If you are not having proper privilege to access any folder or drive then it is not possible to get to that folder. For me, it seemed more like the privilege issue and you must check for this first before doing anything else to it. You will only get access to those drive only if you are having full rights of that.

You can do the following to get this problem solved.
    1. Open my computer.
    2. now right click the shared drive and choose properties from context menu.
    3. Choose security tab from displayed properties sheet.

If you are able to connect to the computer without password then you are using the guest account. To access the files from the drive each group have the access set.

You can go through the steps below to see if this is help you or not.

1. Click on Start, My Network Places, Entire Network, and then double-click Microsoft Windows Network.
    2. Double-click the domain you want to open.
    3. Double-click the computer that you want to assign. All shares for that computer automatically appear in the window.
    4. Click the right mouse button on the shared drive or folder you want to map, and then click Connect to network drive.
    5. Click the drive letter you want to use, and then specify whether you want to reconnect every time you log on the computer.

Note: network drives are given letters that begins with the letter Z. It is default drive letter used as the first mapped drive you make. However, you will be able o choose one more letter if you require have a different Z.
    6. Finally Click on Finish.