Thread: Saving files on PC connected to Homegroup

Saving files on PC connected to Homegroup

My computer is connected to the homegroup. I am posting this here to know that how can I save files which is connected to the homegroup. I will be thankful to all the helpful replies for this. Please reply as early as possible.

Re: Saving files on PC connected to Homegroup

If you are saving the files from some of the installed applications like word processor then you can do it in the normal way like go to File Save dialog and from there choose the Homegroup. When you select that then you will have to select the particular computer as well as location where you have to save the file. If this is not clear to you then please reply back with more detail so that we can provide you some detailed information about this.

Quote Originally Posted by Zared View Post
    If you are saving the files from some of the installed applications like word processor then you can do it in the normal way like go to File Save dialog and from there choose the Homegroup. When you select that then you will have to select the particular computer as well as location where you have to save the file. If this is not clear to you then please reply back with more detail so that we can provide you some detailed information about this.
    Thank ;you so much for such a quick reply. Actually whenever I try to do this in the way that you have given then it shows me the message which says "Word cannot save or create this file". Please help me guys.

It is possible that the disc where you want to save the file is full and for that reason you are facing the problem like this. So should check for this condition first and this is one of the most possible reason for this.

There is one more possibility that the folder where you are saving the file is set to "Read Sharing" and not the "Read/Write sharing". So what you can do is, just open the folder in the computer where you wish to save the file and then see for "Share with" in the menu bar that is on the top in the Windows Explorer and see of that is put as Read/Write permission.

This might happen if you are not having proper privilege to access the homegroup. If you are the admin of the homegroup then there might be some other problem with this but if you are not the admin of this and you are getting the issues like this then you must ask administrator to provide you proper privilege to do this and then you will not have problem like this. This is the only thing that I can suggest you and hope that you will find it useful in any manner.

I would like to tell you that when you build a homegroup or join then you will be able to select libraries you require to share with other users in the HomeGroup. Libraries are initially released with read access. This means that you can watch or listen to the contents of the library. However, you can not change the files. You can adjust the level of access later and you can exclude specific files and folders from the share. This will help you if you are the admin of the system.