Thread: Getting Error: HTTP Server returned error 501 in Avast ver. 4.8 Home edition

Getting Error: HTTP Server returned error 501 in Avast ver. 4.8 Home edition

In my computer I am using Avast ver. 4.8 Home edition and in my system use to update automatically but from last some days it has stopped updating automatically. I have checked all the setting and all the settings are ok. Now please tell me what should I do solve this issue?

Re: Getting Error: HTTP Server returned error 501 in Avast ver. 4.8 Home edition

I think you are facing this problem because servers.def file is missing from your system and that is the main reason why you are facing this problem. First you should open the my computer in your computer and after opening the my computer you have to go to the c Drive and in the C drive you have to click on the program files folder and then you have to open the alwil software folder and then go to the Avast 4 folder and afetr going in to the Avast 4 folder you have to click on the open the setup folder and then you have to check whether servers.def file is there or not.

If servers.def file is not there then you have to download the file from the internet and then copy it at the same place and then check whether it makes any difference or not. I hope this solution will be helpful for you.

Re: Getting Error: HTTP Server returned error 501 in Avast ver. 4.8 Home edition

If you want to download the servers.def file in your computer then you have to first visit the official site of the avast antivirus and then you have to download the servers.def from there and then copy in the setup folder of the Avast and after doing that your problem will get solved.

I have checked for the servers.def file in the setup folder and that file was not there. Now after that I have downloaded the servers.def file from the internet and then I have copy that file in the setup folder and after doing that also I was facing the same problem. Is there anything wrong with the Avast or something else is causing this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Well according to me you should open the avast and then you have to open the settings and after opening the setting you have to press the proxy button and then you have to select Direct connection and after that you have to click on ok and then restart the Avst. I hope after trying this solution your problem will get solved.