Thread: my computer gets freeze on startup after installing ESET Smart Security 5 RC

my computer gets freeze on startup after installing ESET Smart Security 5 RC

I have recently installed ESET Smart Security 5 RC on my computer and since then I have found that the computer is getting freeze on the startup and it always does the same. Is there any solution to avoid this rather than just uninstalling? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Re: my computer gets freeze on startup after installing ESET Smart Security 5 RC

I have recently installed ESET Smart Security 5 RC on my computer and since then I have found that the computer is getting freeze on the startup and it always does the same. Is there any solution to avoid this rather than just uninstalling? Any suggestion for the same will be appreciated.

Before I suggest you something I will like to know configuration of your system and I also wanted to know why are you not willing to uninstall it and reinstall it again because I think that it will really help you with it and if you still face the same version then I will suggest you to use the ESET Smart Security 5 final version and see if it is making any difference but if you don’t want to try these than let me know so I could try to help you with other solution.

Re: my computer gets freeze on startup after installing ESET Smart Security 5 RC

Actually I have already tried uninstalling it and then reinstalling it again but then I have faced the same problem again but I have not tried the final version of it and I think that I will try it out other than this I have also used P.S. Eset 4 previously and it was just working fine so I just wanted to know that switching back to it again will be a good option or trying out the final version as you said will be a better choice. Here is my system information:
    • Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64Bit
    • Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550
    • GTX 570
    • 4GB Ram

I am having the same problem with the Eset Smart Security 5 and as far as I remember it occurred with Virus Signature Database Update 6473 and it is just getting hang on the startup and even somehow if it works then when open anything then it keeps on searching and waiting and finally says that the application is not responding and I have also tried to uninstall it and then reinstall the final version as well but then even it did not worked and the problem is still the same and now I am really running out of ideas and I just don’t know what to do I am tired of uninstalling and reinstalling it again with a hope that it will work fine after it but then the problem exist every time. Is there a way to get rid of this? Any further help will be appreciated.

I have been using Eset Smart Security 5 and I have not faced any such problem but I have not tried Smart Security v4 by now so I don’t have any idea about it. I am having the following configuration and I have also purchased a 3-user version of Smart Security v4 and I am waiting for Eset Smart Security 5 to run out. I think that it might be some kind of bug:
    • Pentium Dual Core T4400 2.20 GHz
    • 4GB RAM
    • Windows 7 Home Premium w SP1.

If you are facing this problem then you can try to generate a memory dump but before that just answer me the following:
    • Which connection you are using wireless connection?? Or wired connection??
    • If it is wireless than is it having an external USB modem?? Or internal built in wireless card??
    • Is there any other firewall or antivirus running?

I have tried to use both wireless connections as well as wired connection but then it is giving the same response and it is not making any difference and I am not having any other firewall or antivirus running on my computer. Any further help will be appreciated.

Just try out to Generating a memory dump file and in order to do that just follow the below steps:
    For windows xp user- Just right click on my computer icon and then select the advanced tab in the properties and then in the Startup and Recovery section just click on the Settings option.
    For Windows Vista and Windows 7 user: Just Right-click on the my computer icon and then click on the Advanced system settings link which will be on the left and after that just Click on the Advanced tab and then go in to the Startup and Recovery section and then click the Settings option.
    After you complete the above steps Small memory dump, Complete memory dump, Kernel memory dump from the from the drop-down menu in the Write debugging information section. Just try it out and then see if it is making any difference.

You can also create the memory dump manually and in order to do that just follow the below steps:
    Go to start and then click on run and then type regedit in the command prompt and then press enter.
    After that find the following in the registry:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\kbdhid\Parameters

When you get it just Right-click in the right pane and then select New>DWORD and then name the key as CrashOnCtrlScroll and set its value to 1 and then close it and then reboot your machine.

Now in order to generate a new memory dump file just press and hold the right CTRL key and then press the Scroll Lock key twice. Hope it was quite simple and it helps as well.

Hey thanks for your help guys I was able to solve the problem after Generating a memory dump file. I was really searching for a effective solution to solve this out but then I don’t think that without your help I would have been able to solve this issue.Any ways once again thanks to you all for your suggestions. I really appreciate them.