Thread: How to do Port Forwarding on MTNL DNA-A212

How to do Port Forwarding on MTNL DNA-A212

I am using a MTNL DNA-A212 and now I am willing to direct the data which arrives to me from port 8080/8084 to my router and I have heard that I can do that by doing port forwarding on my router but then I don’t have much idea about the port forwarding. So is there anyone who can help me out with this. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to do Port Forwarding on MTNL DNA-A212

I am using a MTNL DNA-A212 and now I am willing to direct the data which arrives to me from port 8080/8084 to my router and I have heard that I can do that by doing port forwarding on my router but then I don’t have much idea about the port forwarding. So is there anyone who can help me out with this. Any suggestion regarding the same will be appreciated.
    As far as I know there are two methods of doing so and they are as followed:
    • Go to the advanced setting and then in the NAT just add a custom server which will define the LAN ip address as well as the port that you are willing to forward.
    • The other method is by setting the DMZ host as the lan ip where you are willing to forward the data.

I have tried to follow the above solution but then I have found that they are hardly making any difference because after trying them as well I am not able to get access to my computer on lan (192.168.1.3) and I will also like to share that it is having a apache server on port 8080/8084.Is there any other method that I can try out or I am missing any steps that needs to be performed. Any further help will be highly appreciated.

Hope you are aware that the all the ports stay opened when you are in "bridged" mode so I will suggest you to make sure that you are in the "AlwaysOn " PPPoE mode and also check that your user id and password is saved in the WAN page as well. You can also check the DDNS menu item/option and also check out the Portforward dot com. Just try to make the above changes and then check the required details and then see if that is making any difference. Just check it out and then let me know what you get for further help. Best of luck.

As per your suggestion I have checked the Portforward dot com and then it said me that I will have to open two ports in order to access the apache services and which is 8084 for me so I did the same and after that both my port were being forwarded because I was able to see that both the port are open online but then when I tried to use the ip 192.168.1.1:8084 I was not able to get the apache homepage and this is making me think that my router ports are pen now and they are not able to redirect to my computer and I don’t think that I have missed any steps as well. The other thing that I wanted to ask is that, what you meant by “You can also check the DDNS menu item/option” I mean that I am not getting it that what I have to do for that. Can you just explain me that in detail?

“You can also check the DDNS menu item/option”
    I said that because you are having a Dynamic IP so you can just use the Dynamic IP in order to get a fix ip address.Just check it out here

I have checked that out but then I wanted to say that the problem is not that I am having a Dynamic IP address and I need to get a fix ip address but it is that whenever I am trying to access 192.168.1.1:8084 then I don’t know why my router is not able to forward the data to my computer. Is there any chances that there might be some problem with the loopback connection, I am not sure about it but then I just wanted to know if that can be the possibility. Do you have any idea about it??

“I am trying to access 192.168.1.1:8084 then I don’t know why my router is not able to forward the data to my computer”

On this I will like to first ask you that why are you entering the PORT number?
    The second thing that you can try out is that just connect to the internet without the port no and then check your ip address and after that just re-enter that ip address and after that you will be able to get access for your router but then if you want to access your server from other place then the server address cannot be 192.168.1.1:8084 and I am saying that because I have tried to access your web server via Internet with the ip address that you have specified but then I was not able to access it.
    I also wanted to know if you are using more systems.

I think that you are getting it wrong. I mean that 8084 was because my apache server is running on the same and I did that just to check it out if the my apache server should be accessed locally or not and I forgot to tell you that if anyone will try to access it via internet then they will need the ip+portnumber in order to access it and the thing is that I am willing to access my apache server via internet and I want all the data coming on router should be forwarded directly to my computer and that’s the problem that I am facing. Hope you got my problem now.

Ok I am sorry for that but then you have not yet answered me the no of systems that are in use now and have you tried out selecting all boxes in access control page but then even it did not helps then you can try to use the dslwebserver just go to the dslwebserver dot com and see if that helps.

I am having 2 system. I mean that I am using a laptop which is having 192.168.1.3 on which a apache server on port 8084 running which is also having a WAN connection with router and other than that I am having desktop which is having ip 192.168.1.x and a lan connection with router.