Thread: How can I setup power connect 6224 with vLAN

How can I setup power connect 6224 with vLAN

I am trying to set up an environment test, where the power connection for the present use is used only with L2 capabilities (no VLANs Routing). There is not possible to connect two communication hosts on the similar VLAN, and not able to understand why switch power connect on 6224 lane with the image version 2.1.0.13.

Re: How can I setup power connect 6224 with vLAN

I am not sure that if it is follow what you are looking for. I know as far as the port is to be concerned, only one can configure that it for tagged vlan using truck mode, one who untagged VLAN using a general mode and access mode only that can pass through the untagged traffic.

You actually want a multiple vlans on a single port? You might be going to be Make use truly require a multiple vlans on a single port? You might be taking into consideration and trucking instead on both the vlan are tagged. I've not at all tried to use on general mode, but mode access and mode trunk work great.

There are the two hosts which is configured to a pass tagged or untagged traffic? And also make use of that you can pull interface a switch port either 1/g3 or the same for the port 1/g7?

It will take some new firmware to port the vlan and Anyway port 1/g3 is only configured for tag vlan 2 traffic. Yes, if I modify the port to access mode for vlan 2, the host is capable to pass traffic. I want that port will work as a trunked port, because my suggest is to connect to it a Linux box that will act as a firewall (I know that I can use the built-in ACl, but for now I want to use the switch as a simple L2 switch).

Thank you I will try to load on my Linux box the 802.1q kernel module. Is there a way for untagging the frame directly on the trunked port? I mean, is there any configuration that permit my Linux box receives frame without the 802.1q header (maybe a port configuration?), and then filter the traffic on IP based information’s

Are you trying to pass both vlan 1 untagged and vlan 2 traffic tagged to the Linux box? If so, then you may want to ensure that the linux box is configured to accept both vlan 1 untagged and vlan 2 tagged. Also, if those are the vlans you are looking to pass you may want to have a config like this to allow both vlans.