Thread: How to control spam form inside in MS Exchange 2007?

How to control spam form inside in MS Exchange 2007?

I am running a firm and we have been using MS Exchange 2007 and as we are having a userbase we have given download privileges to some people for the research purpose and all and now we are facing spam propagating from inside the network and now I am willing to use the mail queue to keep the track of the mails and is there something like I can get alerts like person x has send x no of mails within x period of time and all. If there is a way to do like this than please let me know. Any help regarding the same will be appreciated.

Re: How to control spam form inside in MS Exchange 2007?

I will suggest you to try to import the message tracking logs in Excel and then you can try to create the report in order to check form where the spam is coming and which user is sending that spam and all and the other thing that you can try is to block the port 25 but in order to do so you need to have AV on your clients PC and you will also have to run scan on your client pc regularly and incase the exchange is not having this feature then you can get anti-spam application and the install it and use it with the exchange and I think that this would be a better idea to end up spam messages which are coming from inside the network. Just check it out and then see that is it is helping or not and if not then let me know so I could help you with some other solution. Best of luck.

I will like to inform you that I am not having problem with the incoming spam because I am already using a spam blocker in order to block the spam coming from outside in to the network but the problem is that some of my staff who are not experienced enough are falling for it and that is what I want to stop hope you are getting my point now. I have already tried to find a solution for it by contacting some IT people in order to block the message which is going out from the network but I have not yet got a proper solution for it and that’s what I am asking for and I hope that my problem is clear to you now.

I will like to inform you that I am not having problem with the incoming spam because I am already using a spam blocker in order to block the spam coming from outside in to the network but the problem is that some of my unexperienced people are falling for it and that is what I want to stop hope you are getting my point now. I have already tried to find a solution for it by contacting some IT people in order to block the message which is going out from the network but I have not yet got a proper solution for it and that’s what I am asking for and I hope that my problem is clear to you now.
    Yes I got your problem now but then I wanted to ask you that how come they are falling for it or getting phished I mean your web proxy browser should probably pick them up and then you can track it out as well. Isn’t it so???

Yes I got your problem now but then I wanted to ask you that how come they are falling for it or getting phished I mean your web proxy browser should probably pick them up and then you can track it out as well. Isn’t it so???

The web proxy browser do its job well but then they are also having access to their emails from the home and even their computers have been using outside web proxies as well and that is why we are not able to control what they are doing and I have found that sometimes the emails are downloaded in the system in order to misuse it and this cases has also moved us to the blacklist of major spam blockers which is really disappointing the IT Dept staff and I have noticed that all this is performed after the office hours and this makes me think that it is because some information was compromised at the earlier stage and which has been activated now.

The web proxy browser do its job well but then they are also having access to their emails from the home and even their computers have been using outside web proxies as well and that is why we are not able to control what they are doing and I have found that sometimes the emails are downloaded in the system in order to misuse it and this cases has also moved us to the blacklist of major spam blockers which is really disappointing the IT Dept staff and I have noticed that all this is performed after the office hours and this makes me think that it is because some information was compromised at the earlier stage and which has been activated now.

Your problem is really serious what I will suggest you to do is just try to run the outbound e-mail using the spam filter and also make sure that you are disabling the outbound connection on the port 25 and make it available only for your spam filter but the if you are not able to control the domain use via published SPF data then I think that you won’t be manage the outbound e-mail and you won’t be able to manage the outbound connections as well and I think that you will have to contact some it company in order to find a solution for it because I think that they will be having a solution for this.