Thread: Black screen followed by a message informing that Windows was not genuine.

Black screen followed by a message informing that Windows was not genuine.

I run Windows 7, and today when logging on as Administrator, I met a black screen for an amplified period of time, emulated by a message informing me that my Windows was not real. Inasmuch as I know that it is genuine, I did not accompany the channel for “more information” and suspected a virus/trojan horse. By all records, the WGA device shows up as a popup blow up at the bottom of the screen and the virus shows up with the black screen that I contacted. Additionally, unfortunately, my full framework AVAST scan uncovered nothing. I think that this virus might have been downloaded while my young people let our license lapse for regarding a week without enlightening me concerning the message license we would have done well to restore! In what manner would I be able to confirm if this is WGA or virus, and provided that it’s a virus, how do I get rid of it?

Re: Black screen followed by a message informing that Windows was not genuine.

Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware can recognize and remove malware that even the most well known in opposition to-virus and in opposition to-malware applications fail to detect. Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware screens each and every course of action and stops malicious procedures before they even begin.

Same with me I've had cases where Malwarebytes has not discovered something that I know is a virus/trojan horse ever. I could not recall the specifics, but one was something that was commandeering my IE quest bar and compelling me to utilize a choice I did not need, and the different was a fake popup telling me I had a virus, that took me to a locale to buy a unit to "remove it." I found both of the aforementioned to be virus admitting that Malwarebytes (overhauled) found no infections. I've not found Malwarebytes to be comprehensively reliable. Anyway, I will run it and message the outcomes as you recommend and go from there.

I looked the internet and found common info concerning this message-that there are several plausible outcomes for this message, one from a real Windows instrument (Windows Genuine Advantage Tool), and the different from a virus/trojan horse.

Unfortunately, I cannot recognize ANY info on the most proficient method to settle it, different than several online contents that unequivocally declare "click here and download this evacuation device", and so on., of which I try not to know if these downloads are honest to goodness or not. An additional message any place gave the guidance to " just reinstall Windows"--which is disappointing and not an alternative.

Here is the log. The a few articles that headed up consistently head up no matter how often I erase them. That has been going on for months, and the "windows not genuine" issue unequivocally headed up today, so I question they are identified.
    Code:
    Database version: 7971

Windows 6.1.7600
    Internet Explorer 9.0.8112.16421

10/18/2011 1:18:37 PM
    mbam-log-2011-10-18 (13-18-07).txt

Scan type: Full scan (C:\|)
    Objects scanned: 778434
    Time elapsed: 1 hour(s), 50 minute(s), 4 second(s)

Memory Processes Infected: 0
    Memory Modules Infected: 0
    Registry Keys Infected: 0
    Registry Values Infected: 0
    Registry Data Items Infected: 2
    Folders Infected: 0
    Files Infected: 0

Memory Processes Infected:

My rendition is genuine. I have had it instated and running for truly some time (1 year or thereabouts, not precisely beyond any doubt). This is the first time this issue has emerged, and when the youngsters went numerous days without antivirus protection. From what I have perused, this is a virus, and that bodes well the situation being what it is. I'm looking to remove it, not work around it.

Download aswMBR.exe (1.8mb) to your desktop than Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it Click the "Scan" button to begin scan. On fruition of the scan click recovery log, recovery it to your desktop and message in your following answer. Download OTL to your Desktop

• Double click on the symbol to run it. Verify all alternate windows are shut and to given it a chance to run uninterrupted.
    • Select All Users
    • Under the Custom Scan enclose glue this

I updated and ran a short output still just the same several parts. Yes, they do return each and every time following I “remove selected" I don't initiate movement anymore resulting from the fact that it does no exceptional.
    Registry Data Items Infected:
    Code:
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\scrfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) ->
     Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: ("%1" /S) -> No action taken.
    HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\regfile\shell\open\command\(default) (Broken.OpenCommand) -> 
    Bad: (NOTEPAD.EXE %1) Good: (regedit.exe "%1") -> No action taken.