Thread: "Connection failed, this application requires internet connectivity" while installing AVG 2012

"Connection failed, this application requires internet connectivity" while installing AVG 2012

Hi, I am having this error while installing the AVG 2012 antivirus in my machine don’t know what could be the problem but whenever I try to install it I just got this error and with the further information mentioned below.
    if you are using a proxy server, please specify the settings below:

Server:

Port: 80

[] Use proxy Server authentication

Select authentication: Any

Username: ________________________

Password: ________________________

and I am not using any proxy server for the same, anyways any suggestion for resolving this would be appreciated.

Re: "Connection failed, this application requires internet connectivity" while installing AVG 2012

As you have gotten the error showing that the application needs internet connection, that simply means that you must have to have working internet connection in order to get the software installed in your machine, or else you'll keep getting the same error whenever you try to install it.

thus according to me you should first make sure whether the internet connection that you are using is working or not, and let me remind you as the process must need an active connection, because there isn't any such capability of resuming, thus if you are fail to download the antivirus in one time that you must have to download it again from the starting.

Re: "Connection failed, this application requires internet connectivity" while installing AVG 2012

I would rather suggest you to install the software by downloading the whole package instead of Online Installer. Because I have gotten the same problem while I was installing this way but after downloading the whole software everything was just fine.

Exactly I am agree with the above user as you should get the whole software downloaded in the machine and then get it installed, you can download it from here.

and before downloading make sure that you are getting correct version as I think they have listed different software for 32 bit that’s “AVG for Windows (32bit)” and for 64bit it is AVG for Windows (64bit).

Along with that I would like to recommend you that you should download the User Manual as well from the next tab named “documentation” so that you can have complete installation procedure.

Hey thanks for the suggestion guys I think I must have to download the software again as you have mentioned but still I am not sure whether the windows that I am using is either 32bit or 64bit, how do I determine it ?

If you are not sure whether your system is 32 bit or 64 bit, please proceed as follows:

• - Press Windows key + R.

• - after that type msinfo32 and click OK.

• - You will observe the System Type item on the right side of the opened window (it may be needed to wait for a while).

• - If it is showing "X86 based", then your system is 32 bit. Or else it is 64 bit.