Thread: How can we prevent AVG deleting viruses along with downloaded files?

How can we prevent AVG deleting viruses along with downloaded files?

Yes the Avg is advanced antivirus but due to its deletion of all files from .exe, zip, ppt, excel, doc, pdf it is not suitable these days. The files I am downloading can be from a website or an e-mail attachment. It matters a lot if this is the case. After disabling the virus scanner also it detects a virus and deletes them. But this is good but rather bad.
    As a result I tried uninstalling AVG, however it won't uninstall from the control panel. As a result I tried downloading the AVG remover from the AVG website. The same problem is been faced as
    I have AVG 2012 on my laptop and desk top computers. I have this problem with all browsers
    Please help needed in this situation I am getting very irritated.

Re: How can we prevent AVG deleting viruses along with downloaded files?

The file downloads and when it is reaching its completion, the scan kicks in and deletes the case. My info. on the Firefox "about:config" file looks the similar and there is no verification of the scan in AVG.turning off the scan will enable in "about:config" will let download a file in Firefox with AVG 2012. My friend also had the same difficulty then he also turned off download scanning in Firefox using about:config. This actually works although makes him feel at risk. Thanks for assistance anyway.

make sure there are no leftovers after AVG Office plug-in follow the commands in command line .this is predictable for
    windows 32 bit system
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program files\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll"
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program files\AVG\AVG9\avgoff2k.dll"
    regsvr32 /u "C:\Program files\AVG\AVG10\avgoff2k.dll"

there is different command line for windows 64 bit system
    regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG8\avgoff2k.dll"
    regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG9\avgoff2k.dll"
    regsvr32 /u "c:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgoff2k.dll"

The following procedure should be checked out to solve the issue.for the time being completely disable AVG If the matter is resolved by complete disable, attempt to allow AVG once more and disable components one by one like the Resident Shield, Identity Protection, LinkScanner etc exactly subsequent to the matter is induced, assemble and make available with all AVG log files make a note of with the intention of a number of folders might be hidden by default Windows settings.

My problem does not resolve even after disabling virus scan.I've also tried uninstalling AVG, but it is not uninstalling. I can't download the AVG remover because AVG deletes it.I've used AVG for years and I was quite happy with it. Not anymore.

Renaming the AVG\AVG10\avgoff2ka.dll and avgoff2kx.dll fixed my issue. After this there seemed no issue with the deletion of download. It may work in some cases. These mentioned files are responsible for the removing and tracing the virus’s along with the downloading. It generally checks for the files and then scans for the viruses. But if it is corrupted then it deletes the files which are acquired with viruses.

At what time I initially noticed the difficulty, I used Windows7 System restore and this worked for me. I at that time I reinstalled with the same difficulty occurring thereafter. I have at present followed the information and in a straightly deleted both .dll files in the AVG folder:

1. c:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgoff2ka.dll
    2. c:\Program Files (x86)\AVG\AVG10\avgoff2kx.dll
    3. This solution works better. I may well in that case download the zipped script and run this OK.