Thread: Solid red power light on Netgear WNCE2001

Solid red power light on Netgear WNCE2001

i just got this Netgear WNCE2001 Wi-Fi Internet Adapter from a friend in UK, he thought it was working fine. Hence I decided to connect it with my existing system. Then I try to do this task with using USB Hub for power connection. Then the power is being refused after some time. Hence I try to again plug it with the wall adapter. Then also the same thing power refused problem arrives onto it. it show me a solid red power led. I need the best solution to fix this issue. Thanks in advance.

Re: Solid red power light on Netgear WNCE2001

You need to reset this wifi adaptor device. This will be work to fix such type of power problems. For doing this reset wifi adaptors on your existing system you need to first disconnect this adaptor with the network. Then turn off the power switch of this adaptor. Then it will be reset all the setting of this adaptor. You can also do this by just unplug the power cable and then after few seconds connect it properly. This process will be work to fix your issue.

Make sure that the firmware present on this wifi network adaptor will work correctly. If not then you need to perform the firmware upgrade task onto it. This will be work to fix your solid red power light problem. Try this and if problem then better way is to be upgrading this firmware.

Quote Originally Posted by shetty View Post
    Make sure that the firmware present on this wifi network adaptor will work correctly. If not then you need to perform the firmware upgrade task onto it. This will be work to fix your solid red power light problem. Try this and if problem then better way is to be upgrading this firmware.
    Yes, this firmware of the device sometimes gives such power problem. Hence you need to perform this type of firmware upgrade task on to it. It necessary when the firmware of the device manages the power connection and that time it gives unnecessary power signal. Try to either upgrade this firmware or you can also check the available solutions onto the official site. Expert on the official site work to provide solution for fix this issue.