Thread: WEP password on Netgear WNCE2001

WEP password on Netgear WNCE2001

Currently I want to use Netgear WNCE2001 Wi-Fi Internet Adapter and connect it to the Verizon wireless Mifi. At the time of connecting this two devices I faced problem which is ask me that WEP password is necessary to do this connection. Can anybody help me to fix this issue? Thanks in advance.

Re: WEP password on Netgear WNCE2001

Choosing and using a WEP password can be a challenge, because WEP is an older security protocol that was developed. WEP protection can be disabled, but then anyone in range of the wireless network would be able to freely access it. You can use such thing and I hope that it will be work in temporary type of solution in your network connection. Hence try this and check what happen onto it.

A WEP password is the 10 to 13 letter and number combination that protects a user's wireless connection. It will be most beneficial to the network user. Because in wireless connectivity, this type of security must be necessary to detect that which user is trying to access our network. Hence I think you need to use this facility instead of avoiding these options.

A WEP network uses either a 64 bit or 128 bit encryption key, but the Wi-Fi industry usually refers to the former as "40 bit. There so many advantage as well as disadvantage of this WEP. Hence if you want some necessary security on your system, then surly use this type of WEP password onto it. Hence use WEP protection password that is shown at the bottom screen of the wireless security window. It will provide you the WEP password.

WEP maybe an issue even WNCE2001 may have it's options. I think you need to also check that the WPA type of options presents onto your network setting window or not. WPA is Wi-Fi Protected Access, a security standard for wireless networks. It is also capable to provide the high standard security to this network. Hence try to use this WPA and check the result.

If you want to use this WPA on your system, then try below process to do this task. In that process:
    • First open web browser, and put the router's IP address on it.
    • When the NETGEAR prompt dialogue box appears, type in your User Name and Password. Click OK. Here default value is admin and password. It works most of the time to make proper connection. Try this and check security of network.

Quote Originally Posted by Eeshwari3 View Post
    If you want to use this WPA on your system, then try below process to do this task. In that process:
    • First open web browser, and put the router's IP address on it.
    • When the NETGEAR prompt dialogue box appears, type in your User Name and Password. Click OK. Here default value is admin and password. It works most of the time to make proper connection. Try this and check security of network.
    Yes, you need to re-setup with PC and when you setup the router probably during the initial setup the wizard prompted to disable security, use WEP or WPA. Hence try to use such type of default things onto network. It works on initial stage and later on you can also change this username and password.

WEP is not necessary if you have a gaming console such as PlayStation or Xbox, and there are no other computers on the network. Hence if you want to connect your network with the gaming system, then try to use this WEP. Otherwise you need to avoid this WEP or WPA type of things at the time of network connection.