Thread: How to fix Gateway Ping Failure of Samsung UN40C6500 with Netgear WNCE2001

How to fix Gateway Ping Failure of Samsung UN40C6500 with Netgear WNCE2001

I have work on Samsung UN40C6500 with Netgear WNCE2001 Wi-Fi Internet Adapter and now I facing problem related to the gateway ping. I CAN ping the Samsung UN40C6500 TV’s IP address even if with my laptop. I try both manual and auto setup step but both the process goes failure to fix this issue. I need some brilliant idea that works to fix this issue. Any help must necessary.

Re: How to fix Gateway Ping Failure of Samsung UN40C6500 with Netgear WNCE2001

For solving this issue you need to upgrade the firmware of the TV to the newest version. You can got this firmware version using the online help or you can also manually do this task. Hence try to do this task and locate the result on your system.

Disable your network security, go through the connection steps again and then go re-enable your network security again. Yes, you need to perform such type of task and the reason behind this is s the security program of the system will be provide restriction to the gateway for performing such connectivity type of task. Hence try to do this task and locate the result on your system. This disabling and enabling task also work to improve the performance of the system. Hence try this and locate the result.

You need to check beta firmware for WNCE2001 did though. Try this combination and locate the result on your system. Firmware of the netgear WNCE2001 also work to fix such type of issue. If it gives any problem then you need to perform the firmware upgrade task on it. After updating the to this beta firmware, you can connect Samsung UN40C6500 to the internet with both auto and manual network choices.

The Samsung UN40C6500 TV works when connected directly by cat5 cable. If you have not used this cat 5 type of cable then replace your cable and check the performance. I hope that it will be work to fix this issue.

Does your network SSID name have a space? If any space present onto this SSID then you need to remove this type of space into SSID name. It may be create confusion onto it. Hence try to delete this space. All of the wireless devices on a WLAN must employ the same SSID in order to communicate with each other. A service set identifier (SSID) is a sequence of characters that uniquely names a wireless local area network (WLAN). This SSID name should be unique and it works to easily make the connection onto it.

If you already perform this firmware upgrade task on your system and still you faced any problem then you need to contact the official site expert person of the Samsung UN40C6500. Official site expert have knowledge about this issue. Expert help to fix this connectivity issue. Then you should also avoid any extra type of error or fault onto this system.

Quote Originally Posted by shetty View Post
    If you already perform this firmware upgrade task on your system and still you faced any problem then you need to contact the official site expert person of the Samsung UN40C6500. Official site expert have knowledge about this issue. Expert help to fix this connectivity issue. Then you should also avoid any extra type of error or fault onto this system.
    I contact the official site expert and Samsung suggest me that Netgear issue with ports. Hence I decided to change the Ethernet port of this Netgear WNCE2001 wireless Wifi adaptor. After changing this adaptor port result comes in positive manner. Hence if any person faced such problem, then try this solution.

I had a 'gateway ping test fail' as well. My TV is a Samsung PS50C7000. I have it connected to a netgear router via a cable. I finally got the ping test to 'pass' by going manually setting up the Networ Setting. The info I used to complete it was from my own PC... I got that by going to Start menu > run CMD > ipcofig. This will give you the complete suite of IP Address, Subnet Mask and Gateway. As soon as I plugged it in... bang! Passed first time! I jumped up, I exclaimed with excitement and I even gave an air punch... but now the 'Internet Service test' FAILS damn it! Does anyone now how to sort that one out?