Thread: Allow a program to run in Standard account without entering Admin password

Arrow Allow a program to run in Standard account without entering Admin password

I set up parental control setting on my brothers laptop to not allow him to install craps or play games 10 hours a day. After I have the admin account and a standard account, I try to run his games in his standard account but it asks for admin password.

I'm not home all the time and I want him to be able to play his games without me inputting the password for him. I tried using "Allow or Block program" setting and clicked all the boxes related to his games but it wouldn't work. I lowered the UAC setting to the minimum but it still asks for the password.

Can anyone help me on this?

And also can you suggest a third part program to block downloads on his account.

His computer is using Windows 7 enterprise 32 bit

Re: Allow a program to run in Standard account without entering Admin password

Ok then you have to go ahead with the user account control. So that's what you should be doing as of now. With the user account control the account can be managed by the user who is holding the account and the other one is the administrator.

In order to block the downloading you can use the Block Download - OsMonitoring software. That is a good software. You can also refer this link for some detailed steps on blocking of downloads in windows 7 laptop.