Thread: Malwarebytes Won't Update

question Malwarebytes Won't Update

I was just on a chat with a tech-dude and he told me that something may have infected Malwarebytes. He wrote that it may be in the root-kit(?) which is not allowing it to update. He told me to run the program in a quick scan. But after it finished, it came up with 0-infections. Unfortunately, I do not have the disc to uninstall it then reinstall. This would be my normal method of fixing problem. What is my other option/options?

Re: Malwarebytes Won't Update

I have two steps for you to work on, see what you can so is that

step 1

1) Go to Start, and then Run.

2) In the run box you will have to type the following command
    REG ADD "HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings" /v GlobalUserOffline /t REG_DWORD /d 0 /f

3) press enter and then ok.
    Now having done that check if the malwarebytes is getting updated or not.

Step 2

1) Exclude Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware's Files whic are there in the different antivirus files or folder. malwarebytes Files with extension .exe, .dll, .sys and .ref. Do remove them from the particular directory or folder.

This sounds a bit complicated for me to do. The error I get is "no address found". Am I dealing with a software conflict of some sort? I never had this before.

Just reinstall the software and see if that can solve the problem for you or not.

I don't have the disc. It was issued to me long ago by tech-repair outfit in another city.

Quote Originally Posted by vistadude View Post
    I don't have the disc. It was issued to me long ago by tech-repair outfit in another city.
    Well than you can simply download it from WEB and install. Everything is available today for download. Do let me know if you face any further issues with same.

angry Re: Malwarebytes Won't Update

Okay, There is another problem. I did download after uninstalling old version. I still get same message as before--some numbers and "no address found".

I have no clue what is going on here.

I had gone through Malwarebytes faq which really provide a valid solution for this error. If you are getting this error then it means that your DNS settings are modified by some kind of virus. Run quick scan at start to fix the settings first. You must get this message : HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Parameters\DhcpNameServer (Trojan.DNSChanger) -> Bad: (213.109.65.147) Good: () -> Quarantined and deleted successfully. If you cannot get this error then still there is infection in your system. Try to run scan in safe mode. Once done reset your router settings to default. To do that use a needle or pin and on the backside of router you can see a small hole, press it to reset the factory settings. After resetting again provide information to access your account and connect to internet.