Thread: Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 operates only beneath enhanced operational mode

Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 operates only beneath enhanced operational mode

Hi I am using Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 antivirus and don’t know what could be the problem but I can only use it under enhanced operational mode.

Actually it happened this way, first I clicked a link in facebook and i was carry out to this website influencing me to update flash and i clicked link but didn’t run program but after that the computer shut down automatically and as it gets restarted I was brought up with a small screen saying "Enhanced Protection mode Attention! Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2011 operates under enhanced operation mode”

And from that moment I am not able to open the program, any idea what could be the problem with the software? Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Re: Kaspersky Antivirus 2011 operates only beneath enhanced operational mode

I am not sure how to remove this but still I can say that Enhanced Protection Mode is a fake message which is shown by Trojan.FakeAV.LVT.

Your computer could have got contaminated with this Trojan while you were tricked into downloading fake Flash Player updates. But this was with the antivirus software that you have mentioned but apart from this other fake antivirus programs tries to ploy you into thinking that your computer is extremely contaminated and then offers you to buy a fake license, improved protection mode infection operated in a different way.

I was also having this problems with the machine and for this we must have to installed an remover that will remove this Trojan from the machine, and that you can download from the internet.

I am agree with the above user as this is an virus for sure and you should remove it as soon as possible and for that you can simply make use of another antivirus to you machine because the one that you have mentioned is also caught by the Trojan affected in your machine.

As per my recommendation you should try to make use of kaspersky internet security 2012 in your machine after uninstalling the previous one, or else that will also give you an error.

Thanks for the suggestion but when I was searching the same on internet I cannot get any such particular software for removing this “advanced protection mode”.

Is there any other way to remove it?

yeah off course in fact I was about to suggest you the same as you can remove this mode manually as well, and for that you have to follow the below mentioned steps.

1. First of all load your computer in safe mode with networking.
      And for that you have to press F8 key on your keyboard multiple times until you see Windows Advanced Option menu, and from there only the option that I have mentioned would comes in to view so select it.

2. As the windows get booted open Internet explorer, click Tools and select Internet Options. Select "Connections" tab among other mentioned tabs .

3. As the tab opened Click LAN settings button, and uncheck the option called “Use a proxy server for your LAN“ if it is been checked previously and press OK.

4. Enhanced Protection Mode alters system hosts file. It is used to determine a number of canonical names of websites to ip addresses. When it is distorted, the user may be redirected to malicious site still considering fine URL in address bar. It is extremely tough to discover if the site is authentic or not, while hosts file is customized. I would like to recommend you to download Microsoft FixIt tool that will be available on the Microsoft’s official website that reinstate your hosts file to windows default.

5. And lastly download and install spyware remover to completely remove the infection.

Hey really this is good but still there were some error that couldn’t allow to download the files and the spyware remover you have mentioned.

What is happening now?

a number of hateful software changes browser settings and immobilized downloads of spyware and virus removing software. If you have troubles downloading anti-spyware software with Internet Explorer, you can have option to try downloading the same with another browsers such as Chrome, FireFox, Opera, etc.

And along with that this are some processes that you must have to stop prior to follow the above mentioned steps from the task manager.

OTS.exe
    systemup.exe
    sysdriver32.exe

Pretty agree with the above user but along with that you should try to remove the below mentioned registry entries as well,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\[legitimate antivirus name] Enhanced Protection Mode

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run “[legitimate antivirus name] Enhanced Protection Mode”

And along with that,

Delete these Enhanced Protection Mode files:

%Users%\[UserName]\Downloads\OTS.exe %Windows%\l1rezerv.exe

%Windows%\systemup.exe %Windows%\sysdriver32.exe

I was also having problem with downloading the spyware program but I got the solution for the same as If you can't download anti-spyware software, at that time you have to click on the download link, and while the save dialog opens alter the file name and keep it something noticeable to you.

And along with that I would like to give you some quick Tips that’s will help you.

• If you have installed spyware program but you can't run it at this moment Click Run, type %ProgramFiles% and push Enter, this will open folder of your anti-spyware program, search for executable file and simply rename it. If you can't access your anti-spyware software, try creating a new user account and try to access through that account, or else accessing it through administrative account would be best option
    • After this procedure you should be able to access your anti-spyware programs. Update and run a full system scan.

Though you can follow all the mentioned steps but according to me you should try to reinstall the whole operating system.