Thread: is relevant knowledge or "rlvknlg.exe" a virus?

is relevant knowledge or "rlvknlg.exe" a virus?

Hi, I am using a laptop which always hang or have very slow response after a long idle time, but the worst thing is like I am not getting what could be the problem behind the same as I have spent almost too much time to resolve the issue but still nothing difference appearing.

After that though one of the recommendation is I installed the kaspersky internet security tool in my laptop but still the same thing is happening, but last night I encountered a different file running in a task manager called rlvknlg.exe, so is it a virus? And if so then please let me know how do I remove it from my machine?

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Re: is relevant knowledge or "rlvknlg.exe" a virus?

See I would like to tell you that there isn’t any such proper information about the file is given because if you search the same word on google you’ll get thousands of result showing different thing.

I mean to say some people says it’s a Trojan, some says it’s a adware, some says it’s virus and other says it’s a error. Anyways have you got any other problem after seeing this task running? Or your machine is running the same way it was previously running.

Thus at this moment the better option would be to remove it, and I don’t think this would be a virus otherwise it would be recognized ones at least by the antivirus software that you are using. Thus from the task manager only I would like to recommend you that you should try to end the process.

See I would say as far as slow performance is concern there could be so many reasons that can cause different problem to the machine running this way, such as there could be any software problem, in other words there could be some problem with the newly installed rather older software in the machine.

Apart from this as you have mentioned that you have installed the antivirus tools just now so it might be possible that there could be so many viruses running in your machine.

Or simply the hardware that you have installed in your machine is not enough to run the machine the way you want or simply expected.

I would like to tell you about some facts about the process you have mentioned and this might not be that accurate as this is according to my personal belief and knowledge. “rlvknlg.exe” is a process belonging to RelevantKnowledge Adware.

This process should be removed to make sure individuals privacy. And as the extent to I know this is not a system process rather Non-system processes like rlvknlg.exe initiate from software you installed on your system.

As most applications accumulate data in your system's registry, it is probable that your registry has suffered disintegration and accumulated injurious errors, thus here according to me the best option would be to clean the registry through any particular rather recommended tool.

I know about the hardware fact as have bought my machine before sometime only, thus I knows very well and all the hardware are well capable to run any application.

But I think this is really awful that though we have each and everything working perfect but still we are having problem with the machine, anyways how do I remove it? As whenever I end the process it just starts running often after sometime automatically.

And thanks for the suggestions anyways.

can you please attach your system LOGS in order to get the perfect hitch that you are having in your machine right now.

If the file “rlvknlg.exe” is located in a subfolder of "C:\Program Files" then according to me the security rating is 70% hazardous. And let me tell you as the file “rlvknlg.exe” is not a Windows core file. The program has no noticeable window.

The process listens for or sends data on unlock ports to LAN or Internet. The file is digitally signed. It can modify the performance of other programs or manipulate other programs. And as you are having slower performance so off course this is because of that only. rlvknlg.exe is able to record inputs, monitor applications, manipulate other programs.

Are you getting any error because of this process?

Because after sometime you’ll started getting system process errors and they are chiefly due to problems with contradictory software rather applications running on PC.

And if suppose you are getting any error through any particular application than Consider uninstalling that application and together with that remove all the registry entries as well from the registry through any software.

as the extent to I know you must be having any other problem with the machine because I personally consider the process safe and It is unlikely to pose any harm to your system.

According to me you should try to use another antivirus rather than the one that you are using because to remove the process from the machine you must have to use anyone or else you’ll not be able to do anything, and I don’t think it can be removed manually.

Along with the antivirus software’s it is recommended to make use of registry cleaner as well.

– If you are still having the same problem with the machine then I would say there is surely some corruption in your system files because of any particular software, and at this moment the better option would be to reinstall the whole operating system from the machine rather than running the PC same way.

If suppose you are not willing to reinstall the whole windows then you can have option to repair the system first but still it is strongly recommended to install the whole windows as soon as possible.

I have seen people complaining about it but honestly speaking it's not a virus. The software is used to measure online activity. I also thought it to be a virus initially but then found their website relevant knowledge dot come. I did not have any problem in uninstalling it.